The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Community Engagement Department is charged with ensuring that the Foundation is continually identifying, listening and responding to the needs of the Parkinson’s community as collaborators and partners. The role of the Community Program Coordinator is to assist with the development and delivery of community-based education programs in Nevada, California, Arizona and surrounding areas within the West Region as defined by the Foundation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Community Program Manager and development staff to build partnerships and mutually support outreach, development and education efforts.
- Assist with the development and implementation of community-based education programs for the defined geographical area including but not limited to: nationally developed programs, local patient education events, wellness/exercise programs, community presentations and community outreach.
- Support the implementation of strategies to aimed at gathering feedback from the community to ensure programs are valuable and to increase community engagement.
- Assist the Senior Community Program Manager with identifying community partners and opportunities for collaboration, help to build and foster relationships to educate the public on Foundation activities and resources and promote community grants.
- Work with Senior Community Program Manager on completing site visits for community grants recipients.
- Assist with the maintenance of Chapter website content and work with development staff and Senior Community Program Manager to coordinate Facebook and other social media postings.
- Collaborate on the provision of content and the distribution of e-newsletters for the Parkinson’s Foundation West Region.
- Collaborate with Senior Community Program Manager to set up events and registration pages within the Foundation’s online registration system and assist with promotion activities for national education events which may include e-blasts, phone calls, mailings, local media, etc.
- Support logistics planning for events and activities in Parkinson’s Foundation West Region and surrounding areas. Assist constituents with program registration, logging in to virtual events and navigating the zoom platform.
- Assist the larger Community Engagement team with online education program support and special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Emphasis in social work, health promotion or health education preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking required.
- Previous non-profit experience, including experience in successful community outreach and education program coordination.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong social media skills and experience with webinars or online meeting platforms helpful.
- Self-motivated, positive, outgoing, and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups.
- Highly collaborative; ability to work independently and as part of a larger geographically dispersed team.
- Organized, timeline driven and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as required. Regional travel as needed.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.