1514 Dr Penfield Ave
Founded in 2004, Apathy is Boring is a national, youth-led, non-partisan, charitable organization that supports our peers in being active citizens in Canada’s democracy. Apathy is Boring supports youth to make a difference in the civic life of our communities through both political and non-political processes.
Reporting to the Finance and Accounting Manager, the Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for administrative duties and supporting financial tasks of a national non-profit organization. This position is often the first point of contact for those seeking to engage with Apathy is Boring and requires attention to detail and good communication skills. This person will interact with staff across the organization through administration support in order to facilitate the smooth roll out of activities and programs.
- Responsible for office coordination (purchasing office supplies, office equipment, correspondence, etc)
- Respond to general inquiries on the phone and in the info email account
- Answer, take messages and transfer calls to appropriate staff
- Organize Human Resources records and group benefits
- Arrange travel bookings and accommodations
- Maintain a physical and digital filing system
- Support staff with event planning and logistics
- Prepare board meetings and order food for attendees
- Support the Finance and Accounting Manager on administrative tasks (deposit cheques, credit card and bank reconciliation, budget tracking, etc)
- Support the Finance and Accounting Manager on Sage 50 to perform, track receivables, create invoices, process reimbursement and payables when needed
- Assist with preparation of spreadsheets and documents
- Other related tasks
- Post-secondary education in Administration or a related field
- 1-2 years experience in similar role
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload
- Exceptional customer service skills and work well in a team environment
- Bilingual, excellent knowledge of English, and proficiency in French
- Basic knowledge of finance and accounting, knowledge of Sage 50 is a plus
Option to join a comprehensive group benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English and French.
Minimum Education Required