413 East 120th Street
El Barrio's Operation Fightback, Inc. is seeking an Administrative Assistant for immediate hire.
· Associates degree (preferred) with at least 3 years of administrative support experience preferably in a nonprofit organization. An alternate satisfactory combination of work experience and education may be considered on a case by case basis
· Experience working within youth serving programs a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills required, bilingual Spanish a plus
· Knowledge and experience operating standard office equipment
· Strong proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook required and the ability to quickly learn web-based database and payroll system is required
· Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work in a government regulated environment
· Demonstrated ability to engage with adolescents comfortably
· Applicant must be cleared to work with minors via a fingerprint background check conducted at EBOF’s expense.
The Administrative Assistant works under the supervision of the Deputy Executive Director of Workforce Development/Education and the Director of Workforce Development and also works closely with the Youth Services Coordinator. Her/his responsibilities include:
· Provide professional administrative support including mailing, scanning, faxing, copying, filing, ordering, and other office support to the Workforce Development Department and specifically to the youth serving programs and the recruitment/intake team
· Answer and route calls pleasantly and efficiently
· Prepare, maintain, and manage department schedules and correspondence
· Maintain a meticulous and updated electronic and hard copy filing system
· Work closely with the fiscal team in maintaining up to date insurance and liability documents
· Assist with recruitment, application, and enrollment of program applicants
· Enter administrative and programmatic data into web-based government databases, including but not limited to participant data and timekeeping
· Collect and assure the accuracy of participant timesheets and assist with entering into the payroll system
· Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails
· Maintain office supplies for department
· Interface and nurture relationships with partner organizations and linkage partners
· Prepare program files and other data for internal and external program audits
· Perform all other assigned, pertinent tasks, expressed or implied in this job description.
Medical, Vision, PTO, 403(b)
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish language proficiency strongly desired.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward cover letter and resume in pdf format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. No calls or faxes.