National Organization for Victim Assistance seeking Crisis Response Training Coordinator
- Job posted by National Organization for Victim Assistance
Crisis Response Training Coordinator – JOB DESCRIPTION
The Crisis Response Training Coordinator for the National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA) will assist with coordinating a wide variety of training initiatives at NOVA. Under the leadership of NOVA’s Executive Staff, the Training Coordinator will serve as the primary point of contact for both Crisis Response and Victim Relations training requests and coordinate fulfillment of all inquiries, including recruiting and identifying Crisis Response Trainers and Subject Matter Expert (SME) instructors; design training curricula and marketing materials under the direction of the Director of Training; manage and update all training statistics in NOVA’s data management system, ETapestry, and provide regular training reports to NOVA’s Executive Team; and coordinate all travel and logistical arrangements for designated training teams. The Training Coordinator will report directly to NOVA’s Director of Crisis Response Services and Training.
The successful candidate must be detail-orientated and possess excellent writing, speaking, administrative and organizational skills. Knowledge and experience in the field of victim services and advocacy and/or crisis intervention is preferred.
- Respond promptly to all training inquiries from individuals or agencies requesting NOVA’s Crisis Response Team Training ™ (CRT), Victim Relations Training, or other customized training, as directed.
- Coordinate with the Director of Crisis Response Training and NOVA’s Executive Staff on the content, logistics and finances required for each training request.
- Update and maintain training materials in collaboration with NOVA’s CRT Director and Executive Staff.
- Assist with evaluating and modifying existing curricula to meet the needs of recipient organizations.
- Schedule in-person and virtual trainings, as requested and deemed appropriate, and notify all relevant parties of schedule.
- Coordinate instructor travel arrangements, logistics, and delivery of training materials.
- Identify and recruit SMEs in victim advocacy and crisis response to serve as instructors.
- Manage NOVA Training calendar and work with Executive staff to regularly update NOVA’s newsletter, website, and social media regarding training opportunities.
- Manage and update all training statistics in NOVA’s data management system, ETapestry, and provide regular training reports to NOVA’s Executive Team.
- Create and send out course evaluation (feedback) questionnaires following training courses and compiling/communicating feedback.
- Develop marketing materials for NOVA’s training program, including written and online materials.
- Remain current on emerging trends and best practices in victim assistance by regularly reviewing relevant journals, newsletters and attending relevant trainings.
- Assist with responding to callers seeking information and referrals on NOVA’s victim assistance line.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, English, Communications, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or related field required. Master's degree in, Education, Communications, Counseling, Social Work or related fields preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Some experience in data entry and basic data management preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and as part of a team, with strong team-building skills and ability to prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and passion for NOVA’s mission and victims’ rights.
- Location: NOVA National Office, 510 King Street, Suite 424, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Hours: Full-time
- Travel Requirements: Minimal
You will be eligible for group medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid vacation and sick leave, and paid federal holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.