Assistant Group Supervisor, OST (Out of School TIme) Part-time/Seasonal FT
- Job posted by Episcopal Community Services of the Diocese of PA
Details: Starting rate is $13.85 per hour
225 S. 3rd Street
The OST Assistant Group Supervisors are needed to assist the Group Supervisor in implementing daily program activities and supervising youth in the School Out-of-School Time Programs across Philadelphia and in Darby PA. Part-time regular positions are available now. Full-time, seasonal positions are available for those available to work full-time from June 18th through August 3rd.
- Supervise children in the OST Program.
- Assist with the implementation of daily program activities in the OST Program.
- Implement and track structure activity projects.
- Provide academic assistance for children and youth in OST Program.
- Champion the ECS Path to Prosperity model (adapted from EMPath’s Mobility Mentoring Model®) throughout all of ECS by providing peer coaching, team support and Prosperity Model coaching as part of participant services.
- High school diploma and two (2) year’ experience with children OR High school diploma, 15 credit hours from an accredited college in education or human services field and one (1) year experience with children OR High school diploma and 30 credit hours from an accredited college in education or human services field.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Classroom and behavioral management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience working with children and youth.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule (e.g. able to work half days, professional development, and attend agency meetings).
- Ability to relate and work with culturally diverse children and families in a helpful and non-judgmental manner.
- Assistant Group Supervisors must be available to work Monday through Friday from 3:00PM-6::00PM!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement activities for children and youth contributing to improved self-esteem, school performance, and daily functioning in the family, school, and community.
- Engage OST Middle School youth in formal and informal instruction with academic and enrichment activities.
- Be knowledgeable of mandated reporter regulations, trauma-informed care, de-escalation techniques and crisis management (conflict resolution).
- Assist with meals and snacks.
- Maintain OST Program in a clean and safe manner.
- Maintain participant and staff confidentiality.
- Assist Coordinator in retrieving program supplies.
We offer a competitive starting salary; 401(k) retirement plan; tuition reimbursement; student loan forgiveness; adoption assistance; first time home owner assistance; and ability to accrue sick leave. All benefits are available to employees working a minimum of 20 hour per week following one year of service.
Part-time regular positions are available now--must be available M-F, 3PM-6PM. Full-time, seasonal candidates are being sought to work M-F, 9AM-5PM from June 18th through August 3rd.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Conversational Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter and the job code: HR: AGS to email@example.com or by mailing Episcopal Community Services, Human Resources, 225 S. 3rd Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. EOE