Details: Salary commensurate with experience
HR & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
As a member of the Leadership Team, the HR & Administration Manager will oversee DHF’s human resources and administrative operations. The HR & Administration Manager will play a critical role in enhancing DHF’s organizational performance as they expand their scope and reach.
Human Resource and Administration
· Develop human resources and administration, training and recruiting, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, and performance evaluation.
· Oversee consistent, streamlined recruiting process.
· Develop and oversee new employee orientation program.
· Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
· Review and process payroll on a biweekly basis.
· Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third party vendors and consultants.
· Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
· Ensure timely legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource state and federal requirements.
· Provide weekly and monthly written management reports to document activities, updates, and results via conference calls and timely updates.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Work closely with DHF’s Bookkeeper and Accountant to manage organization cash flow and forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, prepare monthly financial reports, annual tax preparations and audits.
· Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
· Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans, budgets; monitor progress and changes.
· Oversee grants and financial management reporting system.
· Work with Senior Management to update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; develop / improve administrative and financial policy and procedure manuals.
· Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA or related degree.
· Demonstrated experience in human resource management.
· Experience in working with LGBTQ and Latino community and demonstrated cultural competency.
· Commitment to organization wide training programs that maximize individual and organization goals including best practices in human resources activities.
· Minimum five years of overall operational management experience.
· The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination.
· Ability to translate financial concepts and to effectively collaborate with- programmatic and fundraising colleagues.
· A track record in grants management.
· A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytical, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
· Demonstrated commitment to social justice.
· Written and spoken proficiency in English, Spanish is a plus.
· A proactive solutions-oriented approach.
· Excellent interpersonal skills (one on one and group dynamics), strong listening skills, and humor.
· Patience and flexibility.
· Self-motivated, resourceful, and creative.
· Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Self-confidence and self-assurance.
Location: Bakersfield, California
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Sick
The Dolores Huerta Foundation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit www.doloreshuerta.org for more information
Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish highly desired.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, three (3) professional references, and preferred salary range to:
Danene L. Aguilar
Dolores Huerta Foundation
PO Box 2087
Bakersfield, CA 93303
Email with "HR Admin Mgr" in subject line to email@example.com