100 Hester Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Chinatown YMCA is seeking a qualified Program Director who will, under the supervision of the Senior Youth & Family Director, be responsible for the overall coordination, supervision, implementation and development of the Chinatown YMCA Two Bridges Cornerstone program. The Program Director will be the YMCA’s liaison to funding agencies, NYCHA personnel, regulatory agencies and community groups. S/he will also be responsible for assessing community needs, developing and implementing new programs/services, and overseeing and managing the overall operations of the programs serving children and their parents. The Program Director will focus on maintaining a quality program while expanding the program to meet the needs of the community.
- Manage day to day operations of the center.
- Develop youth, teen, adult and family programs and services in line with the requirements from DYCD.
- Research community needs and recommend programs to address needs.
- Ensure the meeting rates of participation established by the funder are met.
- Monitor rooms and equipment for safety and purchase new equipment and program materials.
- Support with the planning of and attend special events.
- Follow all YMCA of Greater NY, DYCD, NYCHA, DOH, etc. standards.
- Create and implement a long-range strategic plan for the Cornerstone Program.
- Meet the ROP in monthly daily operations of the program.
- Outreach in the community and connect with other CBO to engage families, teens and youth.
- Maintain the appropriate paperwork requirements from DYCD, YMCA and DOH.
- Maintain license, CPR and First Aide requirements for Program Director, Supervisor and program Staff.
- Hire, train and supervise all staff, which includes leadership staff and full/part time employees, co-locators, sub-contractors and volunteers within budgetary guidelines using the YMCA protocol, DYCD and DOH policies.
- Orient, supervise, train, and evaluate and document staff performance informally and formally during the program year.
- Coach and guide leadership directors to ensure programmatic success.
- Prepare payroll.
- Provide supervision and cover for Manager on Duty (MOD) when staff are not available.
- Develop and work within the annual budget and comply with all guidelines set forth by the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) and other funding sources.
- Meet regularly with business manager and supervisor to monitor financials.
- Keep track of budget and ensure spending is completed as planned, 100% without overspending.
- Participates in all necessary programmatic, site and branch -based meetings and activities.
- Acts as a liaison and specialist to local government and community groups on behalf of the Chinatown YMCA.
- Creates and maintains a high quality service portfolio that meets the needs of the community within the resources available and DYCD requirement.
- Designs and implements fundraising opportunities to meet the branch goal.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Mental Health or Social Services; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a community-based program.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience managing government contracts
- Experience hiring, training and supervising staff.
- Experience with budget management, managing government programs, staff and volunteer development, and grant writing.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Mandarin and/or Cantonese is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Program Director” to email@example.com or to:
Attn.: Narcisa Loza
100 Hester Street
New York, NY 10002
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.