1450 Fruitvale Avenue
The Planner supports La Clinica's leadership by organizing and or managing various kinds of planning projects. Duties include developing project work plans including timetables, identifying/meeting with key persons involved in project, assigning and carrying out specific tasks related to the project, monitoring the progress of the project, assuring that project is completed in a timely manner, preparing final package for presentation and/or submission. Project areas include restricted fund development, grants and contracts administration, program planning and evaluation, corporate planning, facilities planning, research and needs assessment.
Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Supports La Clinica's planning and decision making efforts so that the organization can fulfill its mission
- Assists La Clinica leadership in defining and attaining organizational goals by structuring undefined issues for resolution, researching issues, summarizing and analyzing information, identifying the most effective means of solving the issues, and working with relevant stakeholders to provide La Clinica's leadership with information needed to make sound and timely decisions.
- Facilitates committees and task forces.
- Manages time-limited projects.
- Designs and leads internal planning processes.
- Prepares presentations and papers for La Clinica's leadership.
- Collects and analyzes internal data to determine patient needs, clinical outcomes, service satisfaction, program effectiveness and efficiency; collects and analyzes external data on service area to determine community needs and program expansion opportunities.
Restricted Fund Development
- Seeks potential funding sources to support La Clinica services and operations
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to design the program and budget
- Writes and packages grants proposals
- Serves as the contact person with the funder and responds to requests for additional information
- Prepares all required grant/contract documents (such as scope of work)
- Shepherds the grant/contract through the negotiations and acceptance process
- Assures La Clinica's compliance with grant/contract reporting and other requirements; Prepares and packages grant/contract reports
- Acts as a communication liaison between La Clinica and the funder
- Prepares budget revisions and requests for scope of work changes as necessary
- Coordinates funder site visits and assures that assigned grants and contracts are filed and properly maintained
- Works closely with the accounting department, human resources department, and program manager
- Knowledge of data collection and research techniques and statistical analysis.
- Proficiency in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, project management, program planning, budgeting, and evaluation highly desirable
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet external and internal deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and conceptualize complex planning information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, planning, project management, change management, and group process.
- Excellent writing skills, ability to organize and present (in writing and orally) information in a clear and concise manner.
Experience and Other Certifications
- Possession of a graduate degree in public health, urban planning, public policy, or related field
- One to two years' experience in health care setting performing planning, research, evaluation, program development activities.
- Experience in community health and or human services field highly desirable.
- Experience in proposal writing, particularly for government and foundations, highly desirable.
*** Starting salary: $59,970
Minimum Education Required