Details: Please see posting for compensation details
Job purpose - key responsibilities:
To provide day to day administrative support to the Head of the New York Office and the OI New York (OI-NY) team in order to increase Oxfam International’s influence and impact on policy-making and practice within the United Nations system, and to support collaboration among OI affiliates in support of OI’s lobbying and campaigning on conflict and humanitarian crises.
Technical skills, experience and knowledge:
• Competent small-office administrator.
• Minimum 2 years’ work experience in an administration environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent numeracy skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Computer literate – familiar with MS Office including advanced use of MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, experience in using databases, internet research skills.
• Experienced with organizing events and coordinating small projects.
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
• Good team player, with ability to work independently.
• Willingness to take initiative.
• Some experience with trouble-shooting and installing information technology networks, workstations (IT).
• 2-3 years’ minimum experience with accounting processes, business financial procedures, bookkeeping skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Ability to communicate clearly and work cooperatively in a cross-cultural setting, with credibility, tact, and diplomacy.
• Knowledge of United Nations protocol and functioning desirable.
• Discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
Demonstrable affinity with the aims and objectives of the Oxfam confederation
• Ability to think and work in a multi-disciplinary way.
• Ability to operate effectively in a networked and global organization.
• Able to work in a multicultural environment.
• Sensitive to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as our commitment to equal opportunities.
Works in a way that demonstrates the secretariat’s value and behavioural competencies
• Honest and transparent.
• Supporting each other.
• Professional and striving for excellence.
• Proactive and solutions oriented.
• Experience in an NGO office and/or a demonstrated interest in NGOs/international relations.
• Fluency in other languages.
This is a salaried Part-time role.
Medical/dental benefits are offered.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit all applications through Oxfam Website linked above.