7501 Red Oak Road
***This is a married couple opportunity. Each spouse must apply individually and submit a resume . **** Salary is per individual****.
Christian City Children's Village looking for mission-minded COUPLES to be Houseparents. The Houseparent position is both demanding and rewarding. Houseparents work with 6 - 8 youth in family-structured homes. At the Children’s Village, each home is staffed with a husband and wife COUPLE who live in the home full-time along with their own biological children. Each home is designated for either males or females with a maximum of eight children per home. Each home operates as a family unit – eating meals together, enjoying family outings, attending church together and other typical family activities.
Houseparents are a member of the professional childcare team and the following is expected :
- provide emotional support, academic enrichment, and direct supervision of a group of children.
- Provide spiritual mentoring and guidance based on Christian principles. Provide safety, stability, well-being, and permanency planning for each child served.
- Develop each individual child's unique abilities to succeed.
- Encourage each child to develop a respect and appreciation for our faith-based heritage by being a living example of your faith. Create an atmosphere of acceptance and unconditional love that would make a child feel at home.
- Respect each child's natural/biological family; work closely with everyone involved in a child's life to accomplish reunification of the child and his/her birth family member(s)/guardian(s) when and if possible.
- Utilize best practice methods and models.
- Attend staff meetings and participates in continuing education programs to keep abreast of the changes in the residential field as well as to maintain current license/certification as required.
- Keep up to date on licensure rules and regulations.
- Attend church services on a regular basis to include, but not limited to Sunday morning, Sunday evening, Wednesday evening, and other services/programs which are appropriate.
- Provide structure and activities to include time for meals, chores, homework, play, Christian education/worship, and various off-campus activities.
- Monitor and maintain physical health, well-being, personal hygiene and special medical needs of all children.
- Maintain all paperwork as required by the CCCV and the Georgia State Dept. of Regulatory Services.
High school diploma or GED required.
College degree preferred.
Formal college or training in the area of youth services or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with children in some capacity or residential setting. Must be able to successfully complete certification in CPR/1st Aid. Candidates willing to complete lifeguard training preferred.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to pass an MVR Check & Operate 15 passenger van ( no CDL needed). Non GA Driver’s license must be converted to GA Driver’s license within 60 days of employment.
- U.S Work Authorization Required. Ability to pass a background check and reference verification procedure.
- Strong desire to work with youth. Ability to provide care for up to 8 youth at home at a time
- Exceptional budgeting & organization skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours, which will include nights, weekends, overnights and holidays
- Exhibit behavior that demonstrates cultural diversity and sensitivity.
BENEFITS OF BEING A HOUSEPARENT COUPLE
· Competitive Salary. ( $50,000-$55,000 per couple)
· Housing, utilities & meals are provided by nature of the job
· Houseparents quarters located within main home
· Dependent children bedrooms are nicely furnished
· Discounted tuition to select private schools for school aged dependent children.
· Couples with dependent children are welcomed to apply
· Pets negotiable
· Company Paid health, dental and vision insurance @ 100% ; a 403b retirement plan with company match
· 9 consecutive days off per month.
· Company vehicle use while on duty
· Relocation Assistance
· Paid Training
· Monthly In-service Training
· Use of the many recreational amenities on campus, such as outdoor pool, weight room and full-size gym for personal use
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required