2055 El Cajon Blvd.
The Epilepsy Foundation of San Diego County (EFSDC)
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
TRANSFORM AND SAVE LIVES
TEAM WORK - GREAT ENVIRONMENT - PURPOSE - FUN
Responsible for providing direction and day-to-day management overseeing the coordination, administration, and reporting of all aspects of ongoing programs and development including planning, organizing and staffing. The position assists the Executive Director by taking a broad view of the organizational structure and oversees the organization in the absence of the Executive Director.
-Oversee the programs and development activities in accordance with the mission
and goals of the organization.
-Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization.
-Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful
outcome of programs and fundraising.
-In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview & select well-
-Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the
Primary Duties & Responsibilities - The Staff perform a wide range of duties including:
· Plan the delivery of programs and special event activities.
· Development and implementation of new initiatives according to work plan.
· Develop annual program and special event budgets.
· Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of each program and identify areas for improvement.
· Evaluate special events, set targets and implement strategies for growth.
· Work with staff to develop program funding proposals and reports.
· Identify potential funding sources for events and draft solicitations.
· Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
· Utilize forms and records to document program activities.
· Manage project and ensure activities operate within budget and exceed financial targets.
· Engage outside volunteers to support communication and financial goals.
· Ensure that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential.
· Engage volunteers for appropriate activities using established volunteer management practices.
· Ensure that all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards.
· Supervise staff by providing direction, input and feedback.
· Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the Foundation’s programs and solicit input for program improvement.
· Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
Control the Programs
· Write reports on the programs for management and for funders.
· Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements.
· Ensure that programs operate within approved budgets.
· Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
· Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
· Monitor program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework.
· Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program as appropriate.
Professional Advisory Board (PAB)
· Oversee or assign staff member who will facilitate all activities of the PAB including meetings, elections, and speaking opportunities, and communications.
· Responsible for installing and configuring Foundation’s technology systems.
· Diagnose and solve hardware/software and system faults.
· Identify information system enhancements that improve service and support the Foundation’s future needs.
Development and Communication
· Plan, maintain and implement development activities to ensure fundraising objectives are achieved.
· Secure new funds from diverse sources, including individuals, businesses, government and private foundations.
· Integrate communication and development activities throughout foundation activities.
· Coordinate special events, major gifts, annual campaign and planned giving.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with donors and funders, including individuals, businesses, government and private foundations.
· Oversee development functions including grant writing and proposal follow-ups
· Employ diverse fundraising strategies including Annual Fundraising Gala, Board campaigns, donor cultivation and social media.
Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans and evaluate the process and results.
Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required