315 S. Broad Street
The Hospitality Collaborative (HC) Manager coordinates and supervises daily activities of the BSM Hospitality Collaborative. This position works closely with the Director of the HC & Evaluation to ensure that daily services are fully staffed and run smoothly. Strong candidates will have a passion for serving the most vulnerable in our community, as well as a commitment to growing in their understanding of radical hospitality, trauma-informed care, and mental health supports. This is a position that requires strong organization skills and high flexibility, as much of the work required consists of responding to the shifting needs of the HC team and our guests. The HC manager spends much of their time problem solving and thinking through potential improvements for BSM core services. Candidates should be comfortable managing staff in a fast paced environment that holds high standards for our level of service.
Oversees/Orchestrates Meals and Services during Breaking Bread
· Ensures a safe environment for guests, volunteers, and staff
· Develops appropriate relationships with guests
· Is able to coordinate logistics for daily services including filling in gaps in staffing and/or step in for any HC team member, not including kitchen staff or case management team
Administrative Duties related to HC
· Manages Petty Cash and tracks spending for HC
· Scheduling of HC responsibilities (Master Schedule)
· Manages Calendar updates including time off for supervisees
· Manages Credit Card purchasing for HC, including purchasing and reconciliation
· Submit Check requests for monthly stipends and payments to interns, as needed
· Takes minutes at HC staff meetings
Supervises staff and work related to the Mail Service, ID Service, 315 Threadz, and Personal Care
· Meets regularly with supervisees to ensure services are thriving and brainstorms about how to provide services in a more effective and trauma-informed manner.
· Personal Care Supervision includes: manage inventory for PC service, place orders, and maintain up to date budget of personal care spending
· 315 Threadz: Evaluate service and make adjustments as needed, manage donations (donation email, calls for needed items, inventory) and works closely with Gwynn.
Supervises interns in mail, personal care, clothing service departments
· Responsible for recruitment, interviewing and onboarding new interns as well as managing schedules to meet the changing needs of the organization
· Act as point of contact for internship programs such as AmeriCorps, Drexel University, etc.
· Conduct regular supervision meetings to ensure general well-being and completion of tasks
Partnerships: In collaboration with Director of HC, ensures clear communication between HC partners and HC staff. and partners for the service areas that this role supervises
· Point of contact for partners related to Clothing, Art and Personal Care services
· Assists Director of HC in coordinating AmeriCorps and Mercy Corps partnerships, included but not limited to Recruitment, Interviewing, Training, and Onboarding
BSM offers a competitive compensation package.
Minimum Education Required