Harlem Village Academies
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
The Development Coordinator of Advancement will play a key role in fulfilling HVA’s vision by managing and growing the organization’s major gifts revenue. The Development Coordinator will report to the VP, Institutional Advancement and the Advancement Team on fundraising initiatives.
The Development Coordinator will enthusiastically participate in fundraising efforts, with a clear understanding that fundraising is critical to the success of the organization. S/he will work in close collaboration with the VP of Institutional Advancement, the Director of Marketing and the Advancement Team to coordinate all aspects of cultivation and marketing for fundraising and institutional advancement. S/he will also provide support to the VP for her advancement endeavors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate donor cultivation opportunities with students, families, teachers and staff
- Create engagement opportunities to support development team's outreach efforts
- Manage and support special programs designed to engage individuals and corporate groups
- Coordinate videography and photography freelancers for school and special fundraising events
- Support the Vice President of Institutional Advancement with departmental organization and daily tasks
- Liaise with various offices, school staff, teachers, families, students within HVA as well as externally
- At least 2-4 years as a development associate, executive assistant, project manager or operations manager, preferably in fundraising
- Demonstrated success as a highly organized team player with immaculate attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated to support the goals of the department, while keeping the team on track to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate to various constituencies
- Proficient in project management, budgets and scheduling
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable with high standards
- Deeply committed to HVA’s mission
- Willing to be hands-on (no task too big or too small)
- Adept at managing and following through on multiple projects at once, while adhering to deadlines
- Trustworthiness with highly confidential information
- Sense of humor
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required