Details: GO Summer Enrichment Teacher compensation is $2,475 which covers all required dates and times.
50 Cooper Square
The GO Project is seeking engaging Enrichment Teachers for the GO Summer program. Specifically, we are looking for individuals with teaching experience with an enrichment focus in any of the following areas: Art, Science, Computer Technology, Sports, Robotics, Music, Theatre/Acting, Martial Arts and Drama/Performance Arts. Each Enrichment Teacher will be responsible for teaching a class of 15 students in either grades K-4 (elementary school) or grades 5-8 (middle school). The enrichment classes offered to GO Project students in the summer provide an opportunity for students to interact with each other and explore their own talents outside the typical, academic setting.
Inclusive Classroom Community Building
- Establish a warm, inviting, and focused classroom environment that welcomes all students in safe and caring space
- Develop a classroom culture in which students demonstrate trust in adults and peers by taking intellectual risks, providing and accepting feedback, and celebrating each other’s successes
- Use GO Project classroom structures, such as Morning Meeting and ASPIRE Values, to develop social emotional skills
Rigorous Curriculum & Strategic Remediation
- Develop or customize differentiated, highly engaging, appropriately challenging lessons in your content that are aligned to GO Project mission and philosophy
- Ensure enrichment blocks are structured in a way that students are consistently demonstrating their learning through activities or tasks
Manage Classroom Staff
- Manage a team of classroom assistants, including Teaching Assistants, GO Getters (high school interns), Student Teachers, and volunteers to ensure that every adult in a classroom is adequately prepared to support students’ continued growth and achievement
- Ensure that classroom staff has the materials and information necessary to complete their classroom responsibilities
- Provide feedback to classroom staff early and often to ensure their time with students is productive
Teamwork & Collaboration
- Actively collaborate with all campus staff and families to contribute to an efficient and positive campus culture
- Execute campus-wide procedures with fidelity at the direction of the Campus Director and in collaboration with teammates
- Deliverables must be high-quality and submitted on or before all deadlines. Deliverables include: Weekly lesson plans and feedback surveys
- Accept and implement all feedback from your Campus Director
- Successful experience working with groups of children ages 5-10 (elementary school) or 11-14 (middle school)
- Classroom teaching experience strongly preferred
- An unshakable conviction that all students can learn and grow when appropriately supported and pushed to their highest potential
- A demonstrated passion for your subject and the ability to break down content for students
- High expectations for yourself, your classroom staff, and your students
- Positive, strengths-based communication style
- Sense of responsibility over students’ growth
- Ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with team members, students, and families
- Strong commitment to professional and personal growth
- Fluency using Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Forms, and Google Docs
Program Dates & Training
All dates and trainings are mandatory. Please note that teacher absences are extremely disruptive to the learning process, so ensure you are able to attend all program days. All trainings are mandatory and cannot be rescheduled.
Content Training: Date TBD, 5:00PM-7:00PM on a weeknight in late June
All Staff Training: Thursday, June, 28th
Campus-Based PD: Friday, June 29th
GO Summer Schedule: Monday, July 2-Friday, August 3 from 1:15PM-5:30PM
*Team members new to GO must attend a 90-minute New Employee Orientation before program begins.
**Hours are 8:30AM-12:30PM the final day of program due to culmination events taking place.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the Summer 2018 Enrichment Teacher Application (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdWxpPoMNinS_-_mu1TZ-rHWZNkCRWIeEfUvNm4r3IgJCZePw/viewform). If for some reason the link isn’t working please copy and paste this link (https://goo.gl/forms/PwVqP4enuPHht1r62) into your web browser. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.