500 Boylston Street, Suite 600
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Boston)
FSG is a mission-driven consulting firm supporting leaders in creating large-scale, lasting social change. At FSG, our people are our most valuable asset. We recognize that hiring and retaining a talented, capable, and committed staff is vital to the ongoing success of our firm.
We are seeking a Talent Acquisition Specialist who can contribute to our recruiting and onboarding processes at all levels of the firm in order to help us attract, hire, and support a diverse and thriving team, in partnership with other members of the People Team. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Recruiting.
Execute and manage logistics of recruiting processes
- Support the development of recruiting process plans including sourcing strategies
- Post jobs in Taleo (FSG’s applicant tracking system) and on external job boards
- Manage communication with candidates; respond to candidate inquiries
- Schedule interviews; communicate interview details to candidates; provide FSG interviewers with relevant materials for candidate evaluation
- Enter and manage candidate data in Taleo; ensure all information is accurate and up-to-date; run weekly reports to track candidate pipelines
- As needed, review resumes, conduct phone screens, and create interview guides
Analyze recruiting data and develop strategic recommendations
- Analyze recruiting data to generate insights on how we attract, evaluate, and retain talent
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of our recruiting process including candidate sourcing strategies, recruiting software, and interview techniques
- Provide thought partnership to Senior Manager of Recruiting on how to develop and evolve recruiting strategy and practices; surface new and innovative ideas to enhance processes and achieve our goals
- Incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion principles into all aspects of recruiting strategy
Coordinate onboarding process for new hires
- Facilitate seamless transition for new hires from recruiting process to integration into the firm; ensure knowledge gained in recruiting process is transferred to other members of the People team and fully utilized to set new hires up for success
- Manage technical aspects of onboarding process by coordinating with other Operations teams (e.g., Finance, IT) to ensure new hires are integrated into our systems and have the information and tools they need to do their work
- Schedule onboarding training sessions, welcome events, and professional development check-ins for new hires; create individualized onboarding plans as needed in partnership with Senior Manager of Recruiting and Senior Manager of Learning & Development
- Provide thought partnership to Senior Manager of Recruiting, Senior Manager of Learning & Development, and Senior Manager of Staffing and Talent Management on how to develop and evolve onboarding strategy; surface new and innovative ideas to enhance processes and achieve our goals in a manner that reflects our commitment to equity
Support other People Team projects as needed
- Partner with other People Team members to address overall needs of the firm; project assignments may include compensation benchmarking, retention analysis, employee recognition efforts
- At least 2-4 years of recruiting experience; experience with people analytics is a plus
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail; ability to track assignments effectively
- Effective communicator in a business setting, including professional phone manner, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment; ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Experience using Excel (or other relevant tools) to analyze quantitative data
- Proactive problem solver with a strategic mindset
- Willingness to take initiative to get the job done and improve processes along the way
- Experience managing complex scheduling requests
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience considering and applying diversity, equity, and inclusion principles; an understanding of equity at individual, interpersonal, institutional, and societal levels and ability to make recommendations with this awareness in mind strongly preferred
- Passion for FSG’s mission to create large-scale, lasting social change; knowledge of the social sector preferred
- Experience with applicant tracking systems; knowledge of Taleo is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
FSG is a mission-driven consulting firm for leaders and organizations in search of large-scale, lasting social change. Through our combination of customized consulting services, powerful ideas, and learning communities, we help foundations, businesses, nonprofits, and governments around the world unleash their full potential to reimagine social change.
We also support the Collective Impact Forum, the Shared Value Initiative, and the Impact Hiring Initiative—learning communities that provide tools and relationships for change agents.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment and promotion opportunity regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. Salary bands are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting bands for each role. We also offer a generous benefits package including: health insurance with 100% of premiums covered by FSG, 3 weeks paid vacation, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, cell phone stipend, disability and life insurance, and more. Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for our US offices. In addition, we are unable to support the OPT Training Visa, as this visa will eventually require sponsorship.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and your resume via our online application system. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.