1250 New York Ave NW
The Membership Assistant reports to the Membership Manager and is responsible for day-to-day administrative functions of the membership department, including daily correspondence, record keeping, tracking departmental expenses, and gathering information related to membership programs. The Membership Assistant communicates with members regularly, coordinates gift acknowledgments, and carries out other duties as assigned.
This is a part-time position of approximately 24 hours per week.
- Provide excellent service to members through prompt and friendly telephone and written communications.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of member interactions within constituent records in Raiser’s Edge database; assign communications to others as appropriate.
- Oversee approval of invoices, check requests, and purchase orders; maintain timely and accurate accounting of department expenses.
- Track and file agency and vendor service contract deadlines and facilitate renewals.
- Send out daily correspondence and retrieve mail.
- Add new constituents into Raiser’s Edge and send out membership and contribution acknowledgement packets. Assist with stewardship activities and member and development events as needed.
- Provide general office assistance: tasks include maintaining organization of member drive, updating weekly membership meeting agenda, keeping a running inventory of membership materials, and scanning and filing contracts and direct mail samples.
- Track State Registrations for fundraising to stay up-to-date with deadlines.
This position requires a high school diploma, Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Previous customer service experience preferred.
Successful applicant will possess:
- Previous experience in a fundraising office preferred, though transferrable skills are appreciated
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, writing ability and organization and attention to detail
- Flexible demeanor essential
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel proficiency is required
Minimum Education Required