Based in: Twic East (South Sudan)
Start date: ASAP
Contract length: Two years
Are you an experienced Manager with proven leadership and project cycle management experience in a complex humanitarian setting? An exciting new opportunity has arisen within our South Sudan programme for the Area Coordinator position.
The successful candidate will have relevant humanitarian and leadership experience, with experience in:
- Project design and management,
- Donor grant management,
- Proposal writing,
- Finance and strategic planning.
Experience of working and delivering on projects on time in complex insecure locations is absolutely essential.
Responsibilities will include the oversight of institutional donor-funded emergency humanitarian projects, coordinating with Tearfund's partner organisations on the implementation of emergency projects in the location, and the management of staff responsible for site specific programming, sector-specific, financial, logistics and human resources functions and regular communication with other agencies.
Applicants should have experience of working alongside national partner organisations with institutionally funded emergency projects on issues such as compliance and capacity-building, multi-sector management and implementation, monitoring and evaluation as well as strategic planning, and team management in emergency response environments. The candidate will also demonstrate excellent communication skills and be a strong negotiator and problem solver.
Applicants must be committed to Tearfund's Christian beliefs. We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate a clear, specific desire and commitment to work in this country.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
- R&R (every 10 weeks) £850 per R&R
- Medical Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Food - lunch provided in the office, per diems for weekends, breakfast and evenings (approx US$25)
- Accommodation (currently 1 bedroom apartments in Juba in the same compound)
- Transport (to and from the office, plus at weekends and evenings if coordinated with other team members, 7.30pm curfew)
- 33 days holiday + 3 gift days
- Equipment Allowance (£150 -250 per year)
- Pastoral support
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For further details or to apply, please follow the link.