Working under the direction of Mary’s Center’s Director of Individual Giving, this position is responsible for managing our mid-level giving, workplace giving, employee giving, and sustainer giving programs. Responsibilities include implementing stewardship and cultivation touchpoints to engage donors and help increase their annual giving to Mary’s Center. The Gifts Officer will have a hybrid work schedule, working in the office twice a week. Please note a Cover Letter is required for this application.
This position reports directly to the Director of Individual Giving.
Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Individual Giving Program:
- Establish and manage a formal mid-level giving program with the goal to retain donors and help promote them to major donors
- Thank mid-level donors (donors who give between $500 and $2,000) for contributions within 48 hours of receipt
- Conduct personal solicitation outreach to supplement our annual appeal campaigns
- Identify major donor prospects and strategize moves management to increase their giving
- Implement stewardship touchpoints to donors, including coordinating the mailing of the Annual Report and Thanksgiving greeting card
- Conduct email or phone outreach with donors throughout the year.
- Stay knowledgeable about industry best-practices in mid-level donor management and support innovations in the midlevel strategy
- Oversee the Sustainer Program including but not limited to stewarding and acknowledging monthly donors, developing strategies to grow the program and ensure the annual revenue target is met or exceeded
- Work with Director of Individual Giving to implement a welcome packet for new monthly donors
- Implement strategies to reduce attrition and acquire new monthly donors
- Oversee workplace giving campaign efforts, including United Way, Combined Federal Campaign, Maryland Charities Campaign, and World Bank Community Connections Campaign
- Submit annual applications for workplace giving entities
- Attend partnership webinars/events and ensure Mary’s Center is represented in outreach and promotional campaigns and events
- Conduct regular outreach to our workplace giving donors, with at least two touch-points throughout the year
- Send annual letter acknowledging their support of Mary’s Center through workplace giving entity
- Implement campaigns to grow the MC Employee Giving Program and an employee giving enrollment period. Manage the promotion of the employee giving program to staff
- Ensure new hires are assigned payroll deduction donation form in Paycom
- Review monthly report of former staff to ensure updated reporting for employee giving donation
- Ensure new employee donors receive a personal acknowledgment for their gift
- Planning and promoting Annual Employee Giving Day
- Participate in regular Individual Giving team planning and strategy meetings
- Manage third-party giving portals including Donationxchange, ActBlue, Network For Good, and Benevity
- Responsible for ensuring we meet the Morningstar Latinx donor match goal
- Promote match opportunity to partnering organizations
- Provide mid-year and final donor reports and copy to Director of Foundation Relations
- Support Director of Individual Giving with Major Donor Solicitations for Spring Appeal and Year-End campaign
- Identify donors to push into Major Donor appeal and also determine appropriate ask amounts
Donor Relations and Stewardship:
- Manage a portfolio of a minimum of 100 donors
- Develop moves management strategies for portfolio donors
- Conduct virtual and face-to-face (when safe) meetings with current and prospective donors in 2022
- Assist with the planning and execution of the donor events like Virtual Town Halls or donor appreciation events
- Work with team members on copywriting for bi-annual donor newsletter
- Assist with coordinating and managing group tours for new donors and prospects. Attend MC events and provide support as per assigned tasks
- Work with Community Engagement Manager to engage corporate ERG members in Mary’s Center’s work – both from a volunteer perspective and a new donor perspective (pitch FB fundraisers, sustainer program, etc. to ERG members)
Assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience –
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 4 years of fundraising experience
- Experience working in Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Proven verbal and written communications skills. Donor-centric approach to fundraising and proactive approach toward communication and problem-solving
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Highly motivated and energetic, ability to show initiative and work independently
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Experience working with donors, board members, and staff with responsive and timely communication
- Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow through.
Work Environment – Mostly in a typical office and/or home setting with a quiet to moderate noise level.