1145 Wilshire Blvd.
Position Summary: Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles (Advancing Justice – LA) seeks a 2020 Census Statewide Network Manager to lead a statewide network of community organizations dedicated to promoting Asian American and Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander (NHPI) participation in the 2020 Census.
An accurate decennial census is critical to ensuring fair political representation and a social service infrastructure that meets community needs. The upcoming 2020 Census will determine the allocation of Congressional seats to states and guide both the drawing of legislative boundaries in redistricting and how billions of dollars in federal, state, and local funds will be spent. To ensure an accurate count of Asian Americans and NHPI, Advancing Justice – LA will lead the California Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander 2020 Census Network, a statewide network of regional and local partners engaging in census policy advocacy, in-language material and PSA development, training, coordination, and direct outreach. The 2020 Census Statewide Network Manager will lead the network, taking on the following responsibilities:
- Lead statewide network of Asian American and NHPI community organizations working on the 2020 Census 2020.
- Coordinate network activities, including the production of materials and media tools, community education and outreach, training, and advocacy;
- Supervise network staff;
- Interface with 2020 Census stakeholders including the Census Bureau, the State of California, city and county governments, foundations, local and statewide community partners, and other statewide collaboratives targeting other constituencies;
- Handle media relations in coordination with media staff person.
- Project management and supervisorial experience;
- Leadership and community organizing experience;
· Demonstrated understanding of, experience working with Asian American and/or NHPI communities, especially Southeast Asian or Pacific Islander;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Graduate degree preferred;
- Ability to work with diverse racial and ethnic groups;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends);
- Ability to travel to regional, statewide meetings;
California driver’s license, insurance and access to a car
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance with a retirement plan. Parking provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail cover letter, resume, three references and a brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “DRP 2020 Census Statewide Network Manager”. No telephone inquiries please.