Assistant Director, Alan D. Marks Center for Career Services and Entrepreneurship
- Job posted by The Juilliard School
60 Lincoln Center Plaza
Supports and furthers the mission of the Alan D. Marks Center by providing employment opportunities, programming, advisement and other resources to current students and alumni in order to prepare, establish, and further their career goals. Connects students and alumni with the professional world through performance opportunities, training sessions, promotional opportunities, and other career-related activities.
- Directly oversee the day-to-day operations and workflow of the Hire Juilliard Performers (HJP) program promoting efficiency, quality customer service, timely client response, and ensemble coordination, in collaboration with and in support of the Administrative Director, Professional Apprentice, and any part-time, seasonal, or work study staff.
- Spearhead, explore, and evaluate new and existing marketing strategies, with the goal of consistent growth.
- Support the Professional Apprentice and work study staff with front-end client reception as needed.
- Support and train any part-time staff, work study, or seasonal employees on all HJP policies and procedures.
- Oversee all aspects of HJP Group Leader training and ongoing development.
- Update online HJP Group Leader training modules and oversee timely completion of all training and onboarding requirements.
- Evaluate HJP Group Leaders on a regular basis utilizing departmental “tier” system.
- Ensure all hired performers satisfy institutional requirements for employment and are correctly added to payroll.
- Meet regularly with the Administrative Director to review upcoming engagements, discuss group leader assignments, and manage workflow particularly during high-volume periods.
- Review and approve contracts at the request or absence of the Administrative Director.
- Coordinate weekly, seasonal, and/or monthly performances for ongoing off-campus concert series, as well as featured performances, special events, and residencies as assigned by the Administrative Director.
- Generate contracts.
- Facilitate payments between clients, Juilliard, and musicians.
- Retrieve concert program information from performers and ensure timely submission of accurate program information to concert presenters and relevant Juilliard offices.
- Supervise ensembles and ensemble leaders on site as assigned.
- Prepare all performers for speaking from the stage.
- Confirm logistics and assist with any technical needs that may arise during performances as needed.
- Facilitate performance requests involving featured, special/unique, and high-profile events.
- Utilize Symplicity and Salesforce software platforms for student and client scheduling, interaction, assessment, and data management.
- Manage and update public-facing web content for the Alan D. Marks Center.
- Manage all requests for creation of students and alumni credential files, as well as material submission at any filer’s request. Apply and collect appropriate mailing, shipping, and/or processing fees as needed
- Advise students and alumni on topics such as interviewing, career planning, and preparation of professional materials including cover letters, promotional kits, websites, bios, résumés, and programs.
- Assist in the programming, preparation, and presentation of workshops on various career topics for students and alumni.
- Serve as a liaison and process payments for career seminar and classroom guest speakers.
- Assist with equipment and setup needs and interaction with faculty about Lunch and Learn seminars.
- Maintain regular contact with the Office of Community Engagement to discuss performance activities or paid teaching opportunities that contribute to career development for students and alumni.
- Assist with budget management and tracking of payments for Center events and office needs.
- Coordinate biannual review and updating of departmental operations manual and other forms, templates, and applications.
- Assist the Administrative Director with the development, distribution, and tracking of evaluation materials for all departmental student activities and grant programs.
- Support the Administrative Director with various departmental initiatives, grant programs, projects, and ongoing Career Services and Entrepreneurship activities.
- Occasional evening and weekend attendance of off-campus performances, rehearsals, and other programs/training is required.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music, Business, or Arts Administration.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with careers in the performing arts.
- Knowledge of jazz and classical instrumentation and ensemble configurations.
- Familiarity with venue types, concert programs, and interactive performances.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher.
- Experience and ability to multi-task, meet multiple deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Background in career services or higher education administration.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Symplicity Career Services Manager, and other business/data management platforms.
- Experience constructing or managing websites.
- Familiarity with social media and music streaming platforms.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.
To apply, please click on the following link: https://goo.gl/iPeLdW