43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is seeking an energetic and dynamic UPK Teacher to join our Sunnyside Up Universal Pre-K in Sunnyside, Queens. This position is a 10-month position beginning September through the end of June.
We are currently looking for a candidate for immediate hire for current open position.
This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes our pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness, career readiness, and enrichment programming and Adult and Immigrant Services.
The UPK teacher must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage students and address their individual needs.
- Design and execute a developmentally appropriate and integrated curriculum which provides opportunities for children’s meaningful exploration.
- Plan and establish an environment in which children develop trusting and accepting relationships with adults and peers that foster social and emotional growth and development.
- Assess student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals and provide feedback to students, parents, and administration.
- Monitor students in activity and ensure the environments are safe and promote positive learning. Ensure classroom meets all health and safety requirements mandated by Department of Health.
- Attend regular staff meetings/ trainings and contribute to planning toward improving the overall quality of student outcomes, establish objectives and to support overall program improvement.
- Other duties as assigned towards program development
- A Baccalaureate degree or Master’s degree in early childhood education or related field area of study.
- Teaching license or certificate valid for service in the early childhood grades as set forth by New York State Education Department (NYSED) regulations. This includes: Early Childhood (Birth – Grade 2); (n-6); or (Pre-K-6) certification.
- Prior teaching experience with Pre-K programs.
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to LYagual@scsny.org, Attn: Lilian Yagual, Program Support Coordinator, Youth and Family Services or mail to 43-31 36th Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104. Indicate “Pre-K Teacher” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity