Title: Admissions & College Enrollment Specialist (Pleasant Hill, CA)
Office: PTC Pleasant Hill
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Career Stage: Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Reporting to the Associate Director, Admissions & College Enrollment, the Year Up Professional Training Corps (PTC) Admissions & College Enrollment Specialist (Pleasant Hill, CA) will work with the Admissions team to admit a robust, diverse pool of applicants for two incoming classes each year. S/he will support in managing an admissions pipeline, building relationships with key departments in the college partner, and conducting individual and group interviews of prospective students.
You will also play an integral role in owning and implementing the admissions process and selecting students for our program. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, interested in relationship-building, familiar with student assessment, and enthusiastic about Year Up's mission. The Admissions & College Enrollment Specialist (Pleasant Hill, CA) will work collaboratively with staff as a part of the Admissions team.
The Admissions & College Enrollment Specialist (Pleasant Hill, CA) will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in creating and sustaining a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Be the first line of contact for prospective students, by responding to phone calls and web based interest forms
- Engage students at every stage of the admissions pipeline, with the goal of transforming prospective students into applicants, and applicants into enrolled students
- Facilitate collaboration with the Admissions team to provide initial screen of applicants and to ensure their smooth transition into the admissions process
- Participate in decision forums
- Manage welcome receptions and acceptance meetings for students at the end of every admissions cycle
- Provide excellent customer service to every prospective student via phone, email and in person
- Support students with all aspects of the college enrollment process by providing hands-on students support and interfacing with key stakeholders in each department, including assessments, financial aid, registrar, financial aid and bursar
- Other duties as assigned
College Enrollment and Registration
- Partner with the staff at our college partner to ensure that all students admitted to Year Up are properly enrolled in the college as well
- Lead the support of applicants with navigating the financial aid and registration system of our college partner
- Liaise with key college partner departments to ensure all applicants have appropriate documents and meet all required deadlines for admissions
Database & Document Management
- Receive, organize, and maintain student applications and related admissions documents
- Oversee all data entry (prospective interest forms, interviews, all admissions related documents, completed applications, enrollment support and follow up) into Year Up's national database (Salesforce.com)
- Ensure data integrity for all Admissions related contacts and accounts
- Conduct transcript reviews in order to assess academic readiness
- Manage the design and production of regular reports to track, document, and measure admissions progress
- Administer Salesforce.com report generation and usage to lead the tracking of admissions statistics and inform improvements to the Admission process and selection criteria
- Own the tracking and communication of weekly progress towards admissions related goals
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Serve as a professional skills coach for a small number of current students
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
*This position may require occasional attendance at weekend or evening events
- 2 years of experience and demonstrated success in recruitment/student engagement preferred
- Effective communication skills/public speaking skills, and the ability to connect quickly and authentically with people from a variety of different professional and cultural backgrounds
- A deep knowledge of the areas/neighborhoods and community organizations and comfort in visiting areas around the entire city
- A creative, resourceful, responsive style with a strong attention to detail and follow-through and the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Experience in admissions and database systems a plus
- Comfort in building, managing, and growing meaningful relationships with a diverse range of constituents in the community
- Attention to detail
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies.
Year Up currently serves young adults in Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Philadelphia, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington and will serve more than 3,000 students in 2017 nationwide.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The Non-Profit Times for six consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required