New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. To assist us in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a talented, qualified Social Work Supervisor to provide clinical and administrative supervision and professional leadership to a team of master’s level social workers in our Prevention Program at our Manhattan location. The ideal candidate will be strength-based, trauma-informed, culturally competent and committed to family preservation and resilience. This position offers a highly rewarding opportunity to coach and support staff in developing strong relationships with at-risk families and an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative multidisciplinary team composed of pediatricians, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, education and recreation specialists, and more!
JOB TITLE: Prevention Social Work Supervisor
PROGRAM: Special Medical/Developmental Prevention
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Preventive Services
LOCATION: Manhattan location
37 W. 26th St., 11th Floor
New York, NY 10010
- Provide clinical and casework supervision for 4 MSW social workers and a case aide.
- Accompany social workers into the field for intakes and other visits as needed.
- Participate in Planning, Elevated Risk, and Child Safety Conferences as needed.
- Completion of supervisory documentation including monthly case review notes and professional development logs in accordance with ACS guidelines.
- Complete staff evaluations in accordance with agency policy.
- Ensure that progress notes, FASP/service plans, case forms and monthly statistics are timely, complete, and in compliance with NAC and ACS requirements.
- Monitor and ensure staff training and development.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with ACS, referral sources, and community resources and providers.
- Biannual audit preparation and response.
- Participate in weekly Management Team Meetings and monthly Clinical and Departmental Meetings.
- Work collaboratively with psychiatrists, psychologists, pediatricians, nurses, education specialists and fellow social workers in a dynamic, strength-based interdisciplinary team model.
- LMSW or LMHC from an accredited school required; LCSW strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience with MSW level social workers and/or students.
- Prior experience in preventive services or child welfare is preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Self-awareness and motivation around team building.
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred (and includes a salary differential).
- Knowledge of city-wide community resources and housing and entitlement systems a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
When applying, indicate “Prevention Social Worker Supervisor” in the subject line, and submit cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Code
Human Resources Department
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10010
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., including more information on employee benefits and our agency culture, visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.