425 W. 47th Street
Position: Payroll Accounting Staff
Reports To: Controller
Fountain House, a world-renowned community mental health organization, successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. Founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Fountain House provides professional development opportunities and promotes from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires personal growth and development.
- Vlookups and validation tables and import/export Journal Entry and Payroll processing.
2. Understanding of various state income tax withholdings, cafeteria plans and general accounting. Full understanding of filing requirements of W2s, 1099’s, quarterly tax filings, and labor law requirements.
- Handle all COBRA, LTD, STD, Pension, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, unemployment inquires and reporting to insurance, auditors, Human Resources and/or Accounting.
- Ensure accuracy in filings of Forms W-2 and 1099.
- Reconciliations to General Ledger.
- Assist in Budgeting and Quarterly reporting of salaries and job allocations to Consolidated Finance Report.
- Basic understanding of accounting financial reporting and coding of expenses.
- Monthly accounting and Accounts payable duties include but are not limited to: reconciliation schedules of rent, expenses, depreciation, bank reconciliations, staff/member loans and 990 tax data.
- Respond to employee inquiries.
- Maintain employee and employer confidentiality.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Center for Leadership & Education
- Set-up A/P entries for clubhouses attending training and processes their payments.
- Process all expenditure payments: setting up A/P entries, billing and submission of payments.
- Organize and submit all travel-related reimbursements with proper receipts and budget codes.
- Organize special fund accounting framework for:
- a. Colleague Training,
- b. the Learning Exchange and
- c. the Ellabee Guesthouse.
5. Set-up the new Education Project as a special fund.
6. Prepare and process all financial transactions associated with the Executive Leadership Fellowship.
7. Submit monthly fiscal updates on revenue and expenditures against budgeted line items.
8. Prepare proposed annual budget for new fiscal year based on guidelines from the Director of Education.
- Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
- BA in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with ADP payroll processing with report writer.
- Accuracy and ability to multi-task in projects.
- Professional attitude and ability to deal with sensitive matters with diligence and respect towards fellow staff and members.
- Flexibility to stay late or arrive early, if necessary.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Team approach.
1. Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
2. Paid Bereavement Leave
3. Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
4. Life Insurance
5. Voluntary Life Insurance
6. Whole Life Insurance
7. Short-Term Disability
8. Long-Term Disability
9. Supplemental Disability
10. Workers’ Compensation
11. Tuition Assistance
12. Retirement Plan
13. Tax Deferred Annuity
14. Flexible Spending Accounts
Minimum Education Required