3601 E 1ST ST
KIPP LA Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 15 schools and serves approximately 6,500 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- Provide individualized instruction and support to students with special needs
- Support general education teachers and administrators to implement appropriate strategies to meet the needs of students with IEPs
- Develop related goals and objectives and recommend policies, planning, and implementation by working with school staff to meet the needs of students with special needs.
- Manage compliance of accommodations and modifications for students with IEPs in the general education classroom and during Special Education service time
- Provide accommodated testing conditions for classroom and standardized testing and administer academic assessments
- Develop and implement appropriate behavior management techniques for students with special needs
- Ensure student achievement and progress towards IEP goals and complete progress reports in accordance with district guidelines
- Create and maintain Special Education documentation as required by federal, state, and district regulations
- Complete other duties/projects assigned by Director of Special Education
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning required
- Possession of a valid preliminary or clear Education Specialist credential with Autism Authorization required
- 2 years of full-time teaching experience in Special Education preferred
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays and sick leave
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement, etc.)
**Note: If selected to move on in the process, you will be asked to submit a 10 minute teaching video of a small group lesson 48 hours before your on-site interview. We strongly recommend that you make a teaching video as soon as possible if you don’t already have one. Lesson Criteria: Topic of your choice in a core content area (math/literacy and Common Core aligned). You will be asked to include the lesson plan.
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippla.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.
Minimum Education Required