For more than a decade, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation has worked to empower kids to develop lifelong, healthy habits, by ensuring the environments that surround them provide and promote good health. The Alliance, founded by the American Heart Association and Clinton Foundation, operates as an independent 501c3 non-profit organization guided by its own Board of Directors. As one of the nation’s largest children’s health organizations focusing on combating childhood obesity, the Alliance utilizes the best available scientific evidence of programs, policies and practices that positively impact healthy eating and physical activity behaviors among youth. The Alliance’s current work directly impacts more than 25 million children, with a focus on low-income and minority populations who are at increased risk for poor health, obesity and other diseases. To learn more and join the movement, visit www.HealthierGeneration.org.
It is the goal of the Alliance to fill employment vacancies with the most qualified applicants, whether recruiting internally or externally. Strong consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates. All internal and external candidates must comply with application requirements.
The UI/UX Designer will create amazing user experiences and collaborate with digital product staff to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience. This person should be able to understand our complex business requirements, as well translate user research into sitemaps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes with a sensitivity to user/system interaction. The UI/UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product using mobile-first responsive design best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off with developers
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges and user scenarios
- Create storyboards, user flows, site maps and wireframes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Translate concepts into mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Utilize the grid layout to deliver designs that are optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Make strategic decisions related to core, and new, functions and features based on testing and user experience best practices
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and continuous improvement of efficient and effective usability processes, documentation and workflow
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven UI/UX experience with demonstrable skills through a strong portfolio
- A deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Ability to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences
- Ability to solve complex problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Expertise in UX and design software
- Knowledge of front end development, FED experience preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7 or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments
This job description is subject to change at any time.
The Alliance for a Healthier Generation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
o 100% work from home
o Flexible work schedule
o Paid time off
o Medical, dental and vision insurance
o Health and dependent care
o Life and disability insurance
o Retirement savings plan
o Mentor program
o Wellness reimbursement
o Cell phone and home office stipends
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter on our website.