Bilingual Financial Coach
1368 Fulton Street
The Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation seeks a Bilingual Financial Coach under the NYC Empowerment Center model. As a Financial Coach you will provide one -on -one financial counseling, workshop sessions for youth and adults, as well as assist clients in taking control of their finances by increasing financial literacy, developing budgeting and money management skills.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess client needs and develop individual financial action plans with each client.
- Conduct group sessions as fit for client case load, utilizing existing curricula.
- Responsible for making appropriate referrals and integrating other wraparound supports (i.e. benefits, child support, tax preparation, job readiness training and placement).
- Engage in ongoing follow-up with Financial empowerment Center clients on progress toward goals.
- Collect, track, and report client demographics and financial data for purpose of internal program monitoring on weekly basis.
- Participation in ongoing professional development and training.
- Available to work off-site (e.g. in schools, or other partner organization), on Saturdays and some evening hours.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Applicant must have Bachelor's Degree in finance, education, social or human services or a closely related field.
- Two years work experience in financial education or social service counseling.
- Class room experience a plus.
- Be knowledgeable about credit, debt, and money management: savings and investment options: and safe financial products and services.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience and affinity for technology platforms that include tools such as video conferencing, webinars, social media, etc.
- Bilingual Candidate (English/Spanish).
- Salary to commensurate with experience.
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Accrued time includes Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days
403(b) Plan offerings
Level of Language Proficiency
Ideal candidate would be Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply