Join us in our mission to strengthen the resilience and hope of our diverse community members by improving their health and well-being.
We provide our employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays, your Birthday off, and a paid day off for Civic Engagement!
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
- Comprehensive benefit plan with four Health Plan Options
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with match
- Professional development opportunities
- Eligibility for student loan repayment assistance
Under the supervision of the Program Manager the Advocate provides client-defined, culturally responsive advocacy and case management to survivors of domestic violence, with the goal of helping survivors achieve safe and stable permanent housing.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support participants in finding and securing safe, affordable housing
- Provide support, crises intervention, safety planning, system navigation, system’s advocacy, peer counseling, domestic violence education, and education around life skills
- Accompany clients to appointments addressing client housing
- Facilitate referral linkages to community resources and perform case management services
- Coordinate care for clients with a multidisciplinary team and outside agencies
- Assist clients with the development of social and community support systems
- Provide outreach and training to diverse communities, service providers, and landlords about Gender-Based violence, impacts on housing, housing rights, and services for survivors.
- Provide emergency on-call response during off-hours as needed
- Support clients in navigating the civil and legal systems including assistance with court accompaniment, social services advocacy, translation and interpretation, job and housing search support, and other supportive service
The ideal candidate brings
- BA Degree in social work, or similar field, or equivalent experience
- One year or more of experience with case management
- Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to complete the state mandated 40-hour Domestic Violence training
- Ability to communicate well with people of diverse cultural professional and experiential backgrounds
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working with survivors of Gender Based Violence or individuals who have experienced trauma preferred
- Bilingual in Vietnamese, Mandarin, Spanish, Tagalog, or Korean preferred