5100 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Seeking professional with two or more years of experience in print production, project management, or editing to oversee project tracking, proofing, and printing on wide-ranging educational materials for a nonprofit organization in Washington, D.C.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard’s blog.
About Publications Team
The Physicians Committee’s publications team designs print and electronic materials that communicate our mission to the public. Our goal is to educate and persuade in a clear, professional manner. We partner with the organization’s doctors, dietitians, and other experts in bringing ideas to life.
About this Career Opportunity
The Physicians Committee is looking for a Production Manager to join our team. The Production Manager plays a vital role in the department’s mission to produce quality materials on time and on budget. Specific duties include:
- Schedules and tracks projects throughout the production process in cooperation with department director, designers, and other staff. Projects range from business cards to banners, from brochures to books, and from curriculum to T-shirts.
- Maintains positive relationships with our clients, the Physician Committee and Barnard Medical Center staff
- Acquires bids on print projects and maintains positive relationships with vendors
- Researches and acquires new vendors as needed
- Proofs materials before and during the print process
- Ensures on-time delivery of finished materials to the proper location
- Tracks invoices and submits check request forms to Finance for payment
- Assists Fulfillment in managing inventory
- Maintains an archive our quarterly magazine, retains samples of print jobs as needed
- Approves time sheets during absence of department director
- Responds to permissions requests
- Represents the department at meetings
This is a full-time position located at the Physicians Committee’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. (Friendship Heights on Metro’s Red Line)
Who We’re Looking For
Applicants should be competent in Word and Excel; have two or more years of experience in print production, project management, or editing; and have a bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
We are looking for a detail-oriented team player who will conscientiously tackle their work with commitment, enthusiasm, and professionalism. If you have these qualities; are passionate about the Physicians Committee's mission to advance the field of plant-based nutrition and promote alternatives to the use of animals in research, education, and testing; and have an eye for detail and love of language; we'd like to hear from you.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our mission, your related work experience and your professional goals. Click here to apply online. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.