The GO Project is seeking a Senior Development Manager to assist with all fundraising efforts. Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, the Senior Development Manager will join a team including a Managing Director of Development and Development Associate to raise more than $3 million annually. GO maintains a diverse stream of revenue from individuals, foundations, and corporations. The Development Manager will focus efforts on event support, individual giving support, corporate cultivation, management of communications and marketing, and oversight of the donor database and department administrative functions. The position will supervise one Development Associate.
General Support – Events, Individual Giving, and Corporations
· Provide broad support for the $1 million Annual Spring Benefit, including auction logistics, sponsorship and invitation mailings, vendor relationship management, benefit committee meeting coordination, and day-of logistics.
· Oversee the organization’s online Crowdfund Campaign in late spring, with a goal of $40,000 from GO’s volunteer, YLC, and staff communities.
· Assist in the development and execution of other small events throughout the year, including but not limited to donor cultivation house parties, poker event, golf event, walkathon, and other creative and practical opportunities to engage new pools of donors.
· Research and outreach to corporate prospects to arrange volunteer opportunities and provide relationship management support, including on-site contact during summer one-day group volunteer experiences.
· Provide support during the Year-End Appeal process, including mailing list development, package design, printing, and mailing.
Young Leadership Council (YLC)
· Manage the organization’s junior board consisting of approximately 30 young professionals, acting as member point-of-contact throughout the year.
· Develop and maintain 12-month touchpoint calendar, including social events, quarterly meetings, volunteer engagement, and activities to support YLC fundraising events including but not limited to the Fall Cocktail Party and Crowdfund.
· Oversee the YLC Fall Cocktail Party, including but not limited to engagement of YLC members on auction item solicitation, corporate sponsorships, ticket sales, and tasting tables; event marketing and promotion; vendor relationships; and gift processing and tracking.
· Assist with identifying and leveraging new funding opportunities through member networks with particular focus on corporate cultivation.
Communications and Marketing
· Develop and maintain all updated print and digital materials to market the organization, including but not limited to press packets, program brochures, PowerPoint presentations, board lists, donor lists, and annual report, with support of Development Associate.
· Collaborate with program staff to identify content ideas and opportunities, particularly student and family profiles of success.
· Maintain regular content updates on organization website with support of Development Associate.
· Maintain social media engagement schedule for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, with support of Development Associate.
Database Management and Administration
· Oversee Development Associate responsible for all gift entry, generation of gift and donor reports, and ongoing maintenance of donor database (Raiser’s Edge).
· Ensure timely donor tax receipts and acknowledgements.
· Facilitate weekly and monthly gift reconciliation with Finance Department.
· Assist CDO with board management and quarterly board meeting preparation.
· Assist CDO and MDoD with other tasks upon request.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· At least 3-5 years of experience in non-profit development required.
· Experience with organizing special events required.
· Experience with a donor database required (preferably Raiser’s Edge).
· Exceptional project management skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Good writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
· Fluent with technology and social media.
· Design skills and familiarity with Adobe a plus but not required.
· Flexible team-player and motivated self-starter.
· Comfort interacting with various stakeholders including students and families, donors, and board members.
· Commitment to GO’s mission of bridging the educational divide for children from under-resourced communities.
The ideal candidate is curious, eager, creative, and energetic, and also
· Identifies opportunities rather than obstacles.
· Is tenacious in solving problems big and small.
· Enjoys working in a collaborative and high-intensity environment.
· Has high expectations for one’s own work and the work of others.
· Has a sense of humor and a thick skin.
The ideal candidate is also able to clearly demonstrate GO Project Core Values:
· Achievement. We work together to create opportunities to unlock the potential in ourselves and in others.
· Support Diversity. We value the different backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences of our diverse community.
· Participate & Innovate. We are actively engaged in the relentless pursuit of the organization’s mission through our approach to the work.
· Integrity. We adhere to the highest standards of ethics, professionalism, and mutual respect amongst our community.
· Responsibility. We take accountability for ourselves, our decisions, and the people and programs that we oversee.
· Effort & Enthusiasm. We commit to a conscious exertion of hard work with strong excitement and motivation.
The GO Project is seeking a Senior Development Manager to assist with all fundraising efforts. Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, the Senior Development Manager will join a team including a…
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include one sample of work - writing, marketing, or other. Please include Senior Development Manager in the subject line. No phone calls.
Salary is based on experience. Excellent benefits.
The GO Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Also include one sample of work - writing, marketing, or other. Please include Senior…