Details: Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
For 34 years, schools in the Internationals Network have provided excellent options for English Language Learners. We are currently seeking passionate, skilled and committed professional as an Associate, Finance and Operations.
WHO WE ARE
English Language Learners represent nearly 10% of the US public school population. Across the US, immigrant ELLs graduate at among the lowest rates and dropout at among the highest of all student subgroups. Internationals Network for Public Schools is the only school-development and -support organization that specifically addresses the educational needs of this population.
Our mission is to provide quality education for recently arrived immigrants by growing and sustaining a strong national network of innovative public secondary schools, while broadening our impact by sharing proven best practices and influencing policy for English Language Learners (ELLs) nationally.
We partner with public schools, districts, community organizations, and others to design, open and support schools and provide professional development and resources to educators.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Associate, Finance and Operations (AFO) serves as full-charge bookkeeper, working with the Director, Finance and Operations to manage payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The AFO also assists the DFO in preparation of budgets, financial reports and audit materials.
WHAT YOU BRING
Internationals Network is looking for committed, experienced professional in finance and operations who are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to improve educational programs and services for immigrant English Language Learners across the United States. You will be right at home here if you are passionate about issues related to educational equity, school improvement and immigrant learners, are a creative thinker and a team player, and are a great communicator looking to improve your own professional practice by working collaboratively.
WE EXPECT THE ASSOCIATE, FINANCE AND OPERATIONS TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of accounting principles for nonprofits.
- Advanced proficiency with accounting software and financial reporting applications.
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements and reports.
- Excellent Excel skill.
- Great analytical skills and be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Highest standards of ethics and personal integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
YOUR SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work with finance and operations to ensure timesheets are accurate and that payroll is processed on time
- Record payroll accurately and timely in the general ledger, including payroll allocation.
- Receive invoices services; check for accuracy and proper approval; prepare payable reports and checks.
- Discuss and resolve invoices with vendors when required.
- Prepare 1099 forms for consultants.
- Receive checks, prepare bank deposits and make appropriate and timely general ledger entries.
- Prepare invoices; maintain up-to-date funder and payor information.
- Assist in tracking and reporting on receivables.
General Ledger/ Financial Reporting/ Other
- Reconcile interoffice accounts.
- Perform monthly accounting activities and reconciliations for fixed assets, prepaids, accruals and deferred accounts, enter general journal entries to the ledger where necessary.
- Assist with bank reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing financial reports.
- Leverage your exceptional eye for detail to maintain organized, accurate and secure accounting records and backup at all times, performing rigorous quality control checks and account reconciliation projects with accuracy.
- Review and monitor all consultant payments not on payroll to ensure compliance with compensation policies and procedures.
- Be the expert on 1099 reporting compliance, including performing rigorous vendor eligibility review and preparation of annual 1099 forms.
- Prepare end-of-year schedules for auditors and assist in liaison with auditors.
- Produce backup materials and schedules
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Internationals offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Transit, and 401(k).
Level of Language Proficiency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum two (2) years of professional bookkeeping experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in accounting, finance, or another relevant field.
- Strong understanding of the practices and procedures of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as applied to financial accounting, reporting, and transactions.
- Fluency in Excel, payroll and accounting software required.
- Experience with FundEZ is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
For more information on Internationals Network for Public Schools, visit our website at: www.internationalsnetwork.org.