Details: The pay range is $38,810.87-44,928.95, commensurate with experience.
620 Southwest 5th Avenue
ABOUT BASIC RIGHTS OREGON: Basic Rights Oregon is the state’s largest grassroots organization dedicated to ending discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Portland, Basic Rights Oregon is a progressive, statewide nonprofit organization. For more information, please visit www.basicrights.org.
The Administrative Associate is a full-time temporary nonexempt position that is critical to ensuring accuracy, integrity and timeliness across Basic Rights Oregon’s donor data records, gift recognition and fundraising event administration. The position is based in Portland, Oregon and reports to the Deputy Director.
The ideal candidate has a strong attention to detail, loves systems and spreadsheets, can stay on top of multiple projects without dropping any balls, enjoys maintaining strong records and is extremely professional and timely in their correspondence with supporters.
Basic Rights Oregon is an equal opportunity employer committed to an anti-oppression, multi-racial work culture. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
Donor Data Record Management
· Work with deputy director to ensure accurate, complete and timely donor data entry across entities and platforms each week.
· Lead weekly donation recognition letter generation and work with development and senior staff to ensure timely execution of customizations, etc.
· Work with deputy director to build effective donor data entry processes and to troubleshoot/reconcile discrepancies between donor data base and accounting systems.
· Develop reports and lists for finance, development and organizing staff as needed from database (Every Action) and assist in monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations.
· Communicate with donors promptly and professionally regarding routine gift questions as assigned.
· Work with program staff to ensure event attendance records are correctly entered into the database system in a timely manner.
· Provide support, as needed, to development staff on special projects and small events.
· Other development data management as assigned.
Major Event Support
· Provide lead support on the administrative and logistics side of Basic Rights Oregon’s fundraising event production including:
o Guest list, logo and program ad procurement and coordination from sponsors;
o Preparing and tracking confirmation letters to event sponsors;
o Overseeing correspondence and confirmations with auction donors;
o Providing administrative support to major event host committees and liaising with event consultants on data and other logistics; and,
o Work with deputy director on reconciling final event income.
· Ensure accurate, complete and timely data entry in our fundraising event management software (Greater Giving).
· Coordinate list-building activities with Basic Rights volunteers prior to summer fundraising events and donor cultivation/thank you calls after the event.
· Work closely with volunteers to execute special projects.
· Attend fundraising events to provide on-site administrative and logistical support.
Office and Finance Operations
· Provide support to deputy director to ensure smooth office systems management as needed.
· Assist the deputy director in monthly, quarterly and annual financial reconciliations and preparations for the annual organizational audit.
· Ensure accurate and complete financial filing systems are maintained.
· In coordination with the deputy director, troubleshoot basic financial discrepancies.
· Provide administrative and logistical support to organizing staff in support of special event such as Pride, the Statewide Leadership Summit, and Lobby Day.
The Administrative Associate will excel in interpersonal communications, have strong attention to detail, and demonstrate commitment to justice for LGBTQ communities, particularly people of color and transgender individuals. Qualifications include:
· High level of competence with standard office applications, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
· High level of curiosity and drive to solve mysteries and problems, dig deep into puzzles and ask “why?”, then “how?”
· Experience working with relational donor database platforms and Greater Giving event software is desired, but not required as training will be provided.
· Organizational skill, reliability, accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team setting while keeping a sense of humor.
· Experience working with or strong interest in, non-profit, political and/or social justice organizations.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, develop work plans and meet targeted goals and objectives.
· Ability to research and use on- and off-line tools to solve problems.
· Commitment to the mission and goals of the organization, including commitment to anti-racism, immigrant justice, fighting transphobia, and advancing LGBTQ equality in Oregon.
Medical, vision and dental health care provided with the employer paying 100% of the employee’s monthly premium. Paid time off includes 10 days of vacation and 5 days of sick time annually. In addition, employees observe 10 paid holidays annually.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Applications should include resume, cover letter and the names and contact information for three references. Please submit applications electronically to Todd Addams, deputy director at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line must include “Administrative Associate-[Your Name]” to be considered. Position is open until filled, however the priority deadline is October 15, 2018