Communications Coordinator-Bilingual Spanish, Local Candidates ONLY
- Job posted by weSPARK Cancer Support Center
13520 Ventura Blvd.
JOB TITLE: Communications and Outreach Coordinator
Required - bilingual; fluent speaking and writing in Spanish. Local Candidates only
The Communications and Outreach Coordinator manages all social media platforms for the organization including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter. This position also manages the constant contact database and oversee website management through Wordpress. This role represents the organization in the community through speaking engagements, special events (health fairs, expos, etc) and networking opportunities. This role involves engaging medical professionals to support the organization.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create brand-specific social media content (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to continue to grow and expand social communities.
- Leverage social media to engage current and potential members.
- Develop and execute communication strategies to help generate awareness of organization.
- Work with Program Director to create monthly editorial calendar.
- Oversee the compilation of content for the weSPARK blog.
- Oversee and compose quarterly newsletters, that include materials needed such as post event updates, photos, guest testimonials, program updates and annual tribute and financial information.
- Track and analyze web traffic using Google Analytics.
- Update and manage website using Wordpress.
- Manage email marketing database through Constant Contact..
- Work with Event/Development & Program staff to promote events, programs and development through email blasts, social media networking and website revisions.
- Create monthly flyers and marketing materials to promote programmatic events, classes or workshops.
- Organize/schedule distribution of outreach materials to medical professionals and members of the community through one-on-one meetings, office visits, and events.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with medical centers and professionals by making quarterly site visits to keep their supplies of our materials replenished.
- Create and order marketing materials as needed.
- Connect community members to relevant networking, leadership, and action opportunities within the organization.
- Organize/attend outreach events/health fairs. Organize/compile outreach materials and press packets.
- Coordinate volunteers for Outreach fairs and events.
- Collect and enter Outreach data into Donor Perfect and maintains other Outreach databases.
- Keep department calendar schedule (meetings, programs, etc).
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Required: Bachelor Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience.
- Minimum of 3 years managing social media.
- Must have experience creating engaging and branded marketing materials (flyers, brochures, ads, etc).
- Required: proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Required: working knowledge of Wordpress and Constant Contact.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, very organized, efficient, motivated, and professional.
- Must travel within the Greater Los Angeles area.
- Required: own car, valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- 100% paid employee Medical and Dental Benefits.
- Paid Vacation: 1-3 years employment 2 weeks, 4+ years employment 3 weeks.
- Paid Sick Days: 8 days per calendar year.
- Paid Thanksgiving (day of and day after)
- Paid Christmas/New Year - facility closes from Christmas - New Years.
- Paid Legal and most Jewish Holidays.
- Office closes at 1:00 p.m. on Fridays - Paid for the full day.
Level of Language Proficiency
Required - bilingual; fluent speaking and writing in Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include "Communications" in the subject line
Cover letters with ONLY relevant experience outlined