212 West 83rd Street
The Children’s Museum of Manhattan is dedicated to inspiring children and families to learn about themselves and our culturally diverse world through a unique environment of interactive exhibitions and programs. The Children’s Museum hosts a variety of arts and science based programs for children and families—from daily sing-a-longs and storytimes, to science and design workshops, to guest artists and performances in dance and music.
This position is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and energetic person to support the Museum’s Guest Services and Administrative Departments. The Guest Services Co-manager will provide all internal administrative support for the museum staff and will report directly to Deputy Director of Guest services and Education. The purpose of the position, including but not limited to greeting clients and other visitors, answering a busy phone system, calendar management, performing data entry, filing, faxing and copying documents.
- Proactively greet all guests, staff and the public directly in person or over the phone.
- Handle the Museum’s multi-line telephone system with great professionalism.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly Admissions and Gift Shop tallies.
- Oversee the Admissions desk when needed and provide support in membership sales.
- Oversee Coat Check station when needed; especially on busy days.
- Prepare bulk brochure mailings to hotels and Corporate Companies.
- Cash management for Admissions and Gift Shop.
- Maintain inventory of all office resources.
- Search internal and external databases to complete assigned tasks.
- Support level technology issues, data entry, mail merge, faxes and provide administrative clerical support for designated managers and directors.
- Demonstrated skills as a regular user of software, technology, and online resources -including knowledge of databases, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook including calendaring, tasks, etc.), Internet searches, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise complete discretion when working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Interest in working with internal and external constituencies, including interns, students, and volunteers.
- Requires proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including advanced skills in Excel, POS systems such as Vend, and CRM systems such as Raiser’s Edge
- Requires the skills and creativity to determine the best way to regularly collect data, organize it into charts and spreadsheets that are accessible to Development and Communications, and present data in a simple and logical way for the entire staff (ex: sending out data to the whole staff about revenue and attendance during breaks).
- Requires skills in organization, attention to detail, and familiarity with typical office equipment (such as computers, phones, copy machines)
- Serve as organizational resource for the museum’s administrative staff including reception, office inventory and internal communications.
- Provide administrative assistance to Development, Communications, occasionally Education, the CMOM Board of Directors and senior staffers
- Maintain the front office, staff room, and occasionally plan staff-wide activities
- Requires experience with Wordpress, HTML or other website-building software in order to make changes to the website
- Place office supply and food orders online
- Respond to customer inquiries and complaints via email and on internet rating services such as Yelp, Google and Four Square
- Occasionally called upon to do social media photography throughout the museum (especially on the weekends), which requires experience with 35mm DSLR cameras and photo editing software such as Adobe Photoshop
Key Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of four years of experience working in a busy office environment handling multiple office tasks including answering multi-line telephone system, data entry, providing customer service, appointment scheduling, mail sorting and distribution is required.
- Superb people and effective communication skills including excellent written, verbal, time management, and organizational skills.
- Curiosity and eagerness to continue learning new skills and growing professionally and taking an optimistic approach to new challenges.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Proven ability to work independently with excellent judgment, diplomacy, professionalism and ability to prioritize requests, track and manage multiple requests simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
Competitive benefits package offered
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume (addressing qualification requirements) to email@example.com