Puerto Rican Civic Engagement—Coordinator, Florida - Vamos4PR and Vamos4PR Action
- Job posted by Vamos4PR
Vamos4PR, a project of the Center for Popular Democracy, and Vamos4PR Action, a project of Center for Popular Democracy Action, are hiring a Coordinator for Puerto Rican Civic Engagement in Central Florida. Vamos4PR is a network of stateside labor, community, cultural, and human rights groups committed to fighting for a better future for Puerto Rico and empowering the Puerto Rican diaspora. The Coordinator for Civic Engagement will be responsible for aspects of the Vamos4PR Florida campaign to build power for Puerto Ricans on the Island and for the diaspora’s Central Florida communities. The Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and mobilizing community members around local, state, federal, and island policies and empowering them to use their voices as voters.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and coordinating campaign activities, volunteer canvasses, lobby visits, phone banking and events for Vamos4PR and Vamos4PR Action campaigns as needed;
- Planning events to engage members in the work of Vamos4PR and Vamos4PR Action in Florida;
- Working with leaders to facilitate workshops and conversations focused on Puerto Rico, social justice and political awareness;
- Collaborating in campaign strategies, including rallies, press events and targeted activities;
- Recruiting community leaders and members in the targeted geographies;
- Building the organization’s capacity through fundraising activities
- Developing and managing work plans for Vamos4PR and Vamos4PR Action campaigns as needed.
- 3-5 years experience in community organizing, civic engagement, and electoral campaigns;
- Experience working with directly impacted people;
- Ability to plan and execute civic engagement events;
- Ability to design and implement powerful and effective issue-based campaign plans;
- Ability to work with leaders to develop workshops focused on Puerto Rico, social justice and political awareness;
- Excellent communications skills and experience building strong working relationships with various stakeholders;
- Familiarity with word and data processing software, and web-based communication tools;
- Fluent written and oral Spanish and English;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, and to travel as needed.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent written and oral Spanish and English.
Minimum Education Required