District of Columbia
Reports to: Director, Policy and Research
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
We’re looking for a Research Associate to join a growing Policy and Research team here at the Hub Project.
Our team produces persuasive, effective research and policy materials that power and strengthen the Hub’s issue advocacy campaigns, all of which are dedicated to producing a more just and inclusive economy and society. Some of our previous campaigns include opposing Congressional efforts to repeal health care coverage, reining in predatory lending, and standing against regressive tax policies. You’ll help craft everything from internal analyses to products for public release. You’ll work closely with the team to come up with and produce timely, effective and persuasive research materials that advance our core missions and serve the needs of our advocacy campaigns.
You’ll also serve in a similar role for a new, ongoing undertaking the Hub Project is in the process of launching and incubating. The project, tentatively titled the “Groundwork Collaborative,” will focus on advancing a coherent economic worldview within the broader progressive movement. We’ll work with partners from across the movement to weave a through line among efforts and policy ideas that too often seem disparate. We’ll bring together leading thinkers, leaders, grasstops activists, on-the-ground organizers, and other influential progressives from across the movement to lay the groundwork for arguments in favor of better policies that create inclusive, durable prosperity, opportunity and security.
As Research Associate, you’ll…
- Support the Policy and Research team and help generate and execute research products that complement and advance both our issue advocacy campaigns and the mission of the Groundwork Collaborative.
- Produce rapid-response materials when breaking news and/or unexpected events affect our campaigns.
- Fact-check materials and ensure that all of our arguments are backed up with solid evidence and advance our policy aims.
- Collaborate with Hub Project staff on other teams (digital, communications, campaigns) to anticipate their research needs and help meet them.
- Distill and translate partner research projects into tools and materials designed for campaign use.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You’re an excellent writer.
- You’re a pro at multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- You’re well-organized.
- You like working with data and numbers.
- You thrive as part of a team.
- You have some experience in non-profit advocacy, research, government, or political campaigns.
- You’re interested in a wide range of public policy and research questions.
- You’re committed to a just, inclusive, and robust economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans.
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a growing team of communicators, researchers, and organizers with experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups to build creative and effective campaigns.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter as PDF or Word attachments to: email@example.com. Please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.