The Social Media Manager leads The diaTribe Foundation’s social channels and is responsible for managing our social media presence. This position partners closely with our editorial, development, and events team expanding diaTribe’s reach and engagement.
We are seeking a highly engaged and creative social media professional with a proven track record driving brand stories on social media. We are looking for someone with a passion for connecting people affected by diabetes and their loved ones with great content that will improve their lives.
Our mission at diaTribe is to help people with diabetes live happier, more hopeful and healthier lives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external teams to develop social media campaigns.
- Set key performance indicators and identify strategic weaknesses and make recommendations for improvements.
- Interact with customers and stakeholders via diaTribe’s social media accounts.
- Develop and manage social media content calendars in conjunction with key stakeholders and manage projects to success.
- Partner with the content development team to produce and source content.
- Optimize social content according to best practices, trends, and advancements.
- Active monitoring and engagement across all social channels several times daily.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to respond to comments and engage with the audience.
- Ability to apply analytical thinking when carrying out the work and willing to take chances to help develop a unique and compelling brand voice.
- Administer reporting and analytics
- Understanding of current audience, trends, and discovery of new tactics to foster deeper engagement with audience
- Write creative copy and adjust voice/tone from project to project
- Facilitate community management on all social media channels
- Create and manage innovative and engaging social media campaigns
- Define, develop, and coordinate social media strategy
- Host and moderate live discussions on Facebook, Instagram, and Hopin.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- 1-2 years of digital marketing, journalism, and/or social media.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to report results to management.
- Strategic and conceptual thinking.
- Fluency with social media posting and planning tools.
- A good eye for design and understanding of how to develop graphics and videos using Canva or Adobe Spark.
- Entrepreneurial spirit allowing them to adapt and innovate in a rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of social media KPIs and growth metrics
- Knowledge of SEO and relevant hashtags
- Passion with digital marketing and new technology platforms and stronger interpersonal skills with internal team members, health care providers partners, and industry representatives.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to quickly comprehend and analyze data.