1301 Belmont Avenue
About the Network
Belmont Charter Network is a family of charter schools working to address the academic and social-emotional barriers hindering our students' overall success. In addition to a fundamental academic curriculum, we provide physical and mental health services within the school environment along with a wide variety of extracurricular programming including sports, academic enrichment and the arts. We strive to equip each of our students with the resources and skills necessary to become successful and productive members of society.
Our organization currently operates four schools in the Belmont area: Belmont Academy Charter School, Belmont Charter School, Belmont Charter High School and Inquiry Charter School. Additionally, we partner with the Community Education Alliance of West Philadelphia to provide social service programs to our students beyond academics. Together, our mission is to promote the academic, social and emotional well-being of each child we serve.
The Office Manager is responsible for overseeing the operational systems of the main office. The Office Manager works directly with the Director of Operations and the Heads of School to ensure that each day runs in an orderly and effective manner. They are responsible for implementing effective operational office systems while fulfilling duties that include enrollment, attendance, data management, supply inventory, home/school communications, calendar maintenance, etc.
● High School Diploma, Associate Degree preferred.
● Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
● Experience working in Philadelphia or with low-income students (preferred)
● Experience using School Information Systems, preferable Power School
Role & Responsibilities
● Supports and collaborates with school leaders on implementation of school policies and procedures
● Ensure the timely implementation of all items on the school’s annual calendar(s)
● Ensures that the teachers are equipped for each school year by securing classroom supplies and other various teacher needs
● Assist school leadership with the maintenance of accurate school schedules, student records, and transcripts in accordance with school, local, state and federal requirements
● Supports management of school-based operations, including, but not limited to: attendance, enrollment, school scheduling, special events, field trips, supply inventories, and emergency procedures
● Addresses all customer service matters at the school including general requests for information, proper telephone procedures, mail distribution, front office concerns
● Ensures the proper maintenance of student records; ensures timely distribution of student report cards
● Manages enrollment procedures in accordance with local, state, and federal requirements
● Maintains enrollment documents through tracking and gathering updated paperwork
● Supports efforts related to school communications, promoting the school through positive interactions with community, businesses, parents, and students
● Supports Director of Operations in drafting and distributing communications to staff
● Creates monthly calendar/newsletter and communication to families
● Coordinates with Director of Operations and Director of Special Education on Infinite Campus for accuracy for monthly billing/invoicing
● Manages Front Office and ensures it is a clean, professional, inviting space.
● Represent various Directors as the daily face of Belmont Elementary and Middle Schools; conducting self in accordance with core values
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
● Strong problem solving and project management skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to balance the big picture with detailed steps to reach the end goal and the ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines
● Managing towards outcomes and ambitious goals despite significant obstacles
● Flexible, optimistic approach
● Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and take initiative
● Excellent oral and written communication
● Ability to build and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
● Experience using Power School or similar SIS
● Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required