300 Wall St
The Coordinator of the Well-being Institute provides oversight and direct service to the newly created LGBTQ Well-Being Institute. The position is responsible for the day-to-day administrative, supervisory and clinical management of the Well-Being Institute. The Coordinator will provide direct group and individual counseling with a focus on youth, older adults, people of color and those of transgender experience. The Coordinator, working closely with Center staff will create and implement the programming of our education and wellness activities. The position will report directly to the Executive Director and supervise the Counselor of Well-Being.
· Oversee and execute planning, and growth of the LGBTQ Well-Being Institute
· Provide confidential short and long-term counselling for both individuals and groups with youth, older adults, people of color and those of transgender experience as the target populations
· Collaborate with the Center Program staff to create and implement wellness and education programs for the LGBTQ community
· Monitor and evaluate existing programs and services for effectiveness, and increase programmatic capacity and services as necessary
· Develop, nurture, and maintain relationships with other providers, organizations, agencies, and elected officials to maintain support and referral networks and funding
· Develop, nurture, and maintain relationships with area universities in order to consistently maintain, and increase as necessary, number of program interns and trainees
· Coordinate with other Center departments to provide mental health expertise and services as necessary
· Participate in agency, funder, and stakeholder meetings as required.
· Recruit and supervise interns for the Well-Being Institute
· Ensure compliance with all funding agency requirements
· Actively research and pursue additional funding sources for programs
· Maintain compliance with all professional and licensing agency requirements
· Develop and implement quality management controls with support and input from Executive Director and provide report of results as requested
· Monitor client complaints and respond as appropriate
· Develop and participate in regular in-service training of interns and trainees
· Provide cultural competency training to other agencies, health care providers, and schools regarding LGBTQ clinical issues and best practices
· Attend and participate in various Center related activities and events including LGBTQ Pride, and other large scale events
· Other job duties, as assigned by Executive Director
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
· Advanced clinical degree with professional New York State License required (eg. LCSW, LMHC, Psychologist)
· Ability to use various theoretical frameworks in relation to individual/group needs.
· Ability to work flexibly with LGBTQ individuals who are navigating complex social, economic, and healthcare issues
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in providing individual and group counseling
· At least 2 years of experience providing clinical supervision to interns or trainees preferred
· Ability to create and implement education and wellness programming
· Experience with managing crisis intervention
· Strong understanding of unique societal factors and barriers to care faced by LGBTQ communities
· Experience working with LGBTQ youth, older adults, people of color and those of transgender experience preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of color, diverse cultural and economic backgrounds, those who identify as a part of the LGBTQ community, and persons with disabilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong attention to detail and interpersonal acumen.
The Hudson Valley LGBTQ Community Center is an equal opportunity employer; we encourage applications from people of color, diverse cultural backgrounds, those who identify as a part of the LGBTQ community, and persons with disabilities.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Language Proficiency
Ideally, our candidate will be fluent in Spanish
Minimum Education Required