Public Citizen is a national, non-partisan, public interest group with more than 500,000 members and supporters. We hold the government and corporations accountable with campaigns and advocacy before Congress, administrative agencies, and the courts, on issues including money in politics, open government, financial regulation, energy and the climate crisis, fair trade, consumer protection, access to justice, tax policy, workplace safety, drug and medical device safety, healthcare, and more. We are the reason why there are air bags in cars and there were no red M&Ms for a decade. And much more.
Public Citizen’s Climate Program is advocating for financial policy that advances the transition away from fossil fuels and promotes rather than impedes racial, economic, and intergenerational justice. We’ve played major roles on both climate and financial regulation, from helping establish Americans for Financial Reform and passing the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act to conceiving and co-leading the development of the Vision for Equitable Climate Action, the only comprehensive climate policy platform among U.S. NGOs that centers equity and has the ambition to align the U.S. with a 1.5°C warming pathway.
We’re looking for a smart, creative, resourceful, diligent, and dogged analyst to advance our policy development and advocacy at the intersection of climate and financial regulation. This is a new and exciting policy area, and we have the opportunity to make a big impact.
· Policy development and advocacy: Identify emerging issues and opportunities. Develop policy proposals. Write white papers, reports, fact sheets, letters, testimony, and comments on proposed rules. Advocate and testify before Congress and administrative agencies. Plan and execute legislative and administrative advocacy campaigns. Collaborate with other staff on developing plans to engage activists in influencing policy.
· Outreach and collaboration: Represent Public Citizen in public forums. Participate actively in coalitions and, where appropriate, organize and lead them.
· Media and public education: Develop and maintain media relationships and respond to press inquiries, serving as a spokesperson. Help develop research and media strategies in coordination with other staff. Write editorial board memoranda, press releases, op-eds, letters to the editor, and blog posts.
· Supervision: Supervise interns and volunteers who work on climate and financial regulation.
· Organization building: Assist the director in writing grant proposals and reports. Establish relationships with funders.
· Other duties as necessary.
J.D. or other relevant advanced degree, as well as knowledge of financial services regulation and five years or more of relevant experience. Passion for racial and economic justice. Outstanding analytical thinking, judgment, and oral and written communication skills. Independence and strong impulses toward self-starting and self-finishing. Ability and eagerness to learn new, complex material quickly. Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, as well as execute planned strategy while reacting to new developments. Collaborative spirit, high energy, and enthusiasm. Willingness to work long hours when necessary.
Public Citizen is a national, non-partisan, public interest group with more than 500,000 members and supporters. We hold the government and corporations accountable with campaigns and advocacy before Congress, administrative agencies…
Competitive salary and generous benefit package. This is a grant-contingent, one-year position. Below is a list of some of our benefits (please note that some benefits have eligibility requirements).
· Great medical and dental coverage, 100% paid by PC, including full coverage for children
· Three weeks paid vacation for new employees, plus five personal days
· 401K plan with a 5% contribution from PC after one year of employment
· 12 weeks of paid parental leave after one year of employment
· Sabbatical after 10 years of employment
· Student loan reimbursement program
Competitive salary and generous benefit package. This is a grant-contingent, one-year position. Below is a list of some of our benefits (please note that some benefits have…
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Please include your last name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email and in the filenames of attachments. Women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+, and multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply. No phone calls please.
Public Citizen is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a non-smoking workplace. Visit our website at www.citizen.org/.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your email…