Details: SALARY AND BENEFITS: Starting salary is based on a scale set by a democratically-elected personnel committee and will depend on factors such as experience and education.
Make the Road New York
Make the Road New York builds the power of Latino and working class communities to achieve dignity and justice through organizing, policy innovation, transformative education, and survival services. Make the Road NY operates neighborhood-based community centers in Bushwick, Brooklyn; Jackson Heights, Queens; Port Richmond, Staten Island, Brentwood, Long Island and White Plains, Westchester. With a membership of more than 23,000 low-income New Yorkers, Make the Road tackles the critical issues facing our community: workplace justice, tenants’ rights, immigrant rights, language-access, LGBTQ justice, public education, health care access, and immigration reform.
Our Human Resources Department offers a full umbrella of HR services to the more than 200 employees that is designated across the 6 offices in NYC and those in at least 3 other states within the USA. Our commitment is to make employees feels that they are our main priority, excellence customer service is essential. Our departmental slogan is “Each Employee’s Journey Matter”; we seek to showcase this throughout all the duties we execute on a daily basis.
Make the Road New York is currently seeking for a self-motivated an experienced bilingual (English/Spanish) Fulltime Human Resources Associate with more than 3 years of experience on human resources and benefit support. Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Associate will provide support with all administrative aspects of the department.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the human resources department.
- Compile and update employees’ files (hard and soft)
- Collaborate with HR Director and HR Manager in creating new hire profile in the ADP, HRC and other systems as needed
- Complete background checks
- Collaborate with HR Manager in the coordination of all onboarding meetings
- Responsible for posting all job ads and for keeping track of the posting until hire is complete
- Collaborate with the Operations Department on prep for the arrival of a new hire
- Coordinate that relevant job postings are included on our web-site.
- Responsible for maintaining various HR calendars
- In collaboration with the HR Director, responsible for keeping salary spreadsheet up to date
- Handle Pay Rate Acknowledgment Notices (WTPAs)
- Assist with EE files – audit prep
- Responsible for gathering documentation needed for insurance renewals
- Responsible for ordering mandated labor law posters and manage the logistic until each office receives its copy.
- In collaboration with the HR Manager coordinate open enrollments
- In collaboration with the HR Director, responsible for setting up evaluation reports including but not limited to 360s, supervisor’s evaluation reports and, evaluation tracking report.
- Order business cards for employees
- Order monthly snacks for the offices in alignment with Employee Appreciation Program
- Collaborate with HR Operations Manager on Employee Appreciation Program
- In coordination with Director of Human Resources and Office Managers execute the logistic for staff outings/events
- In collaboration with HR Director, run monthly reports.
- In collaboration with HR Director, prep. for meetings: PC meetings, Supervisor’s meetings, General Staff meeting, etc.
- Create Salesforce profile for new hire
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS | JOB COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Bilingual a must
- 1 - 3 years of progressively responsible experience in HR and benefit support.
- Knowledge on labor laws related to FLMA, NYPFL; ADA; ACA; DOME; COBRA is a plus
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members and vendors.
- Able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor progress for quality
- Be dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and be able to improve performance through management feedback
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to last minute changes
- Comfortable in a fast pace environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce database
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a service oriented approach.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently establish plans and successfully execute multiple assignments with conflicting priorities and concurrent deadlines in a dynamic environment.
• Non-profit industry experience.
MRNY offers an excellent benefit package including health insurance, 401K, and generous paid vacation, sick, personal days.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Director of Human Resources, Fathima P. Torres at email@example.com. Cover letter must include the answer to the following 2 questions
- Name 3 areas that are essential for you to succeed in your role, include why each of these area helps you in your professional journey
- How do you showcase your customer service skills?
All documents must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.
MRNY is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse staff. Women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, disability or marital status.