1825 K Street NW
About Aga Khan Foundation USA (AKF USA)
AKF USA is member of the Aga Khan Development Network, a private, non-denominational, non-profit international development organization committed to alleviating poverty, disease and illiteracy, primarily in Africa, Central and South Asia.
Reporting to AKF USA’s Director of Programs and Partnerships, the Program Assistant will support the management of the full portfolio of grants across multiple sectors to ensure high quality grant reporting and compliance. The Program Assistant will support the development and submission of funding proposals and undertake research to support external engagement and representation of program learning.
Supervisory Responsibility: none
Likelihood of travel: Depending on need, the role could involve up to 10% travel to countries within AKF’s core geographies, particularly East Africa, Central Asia, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist Program Officers on assigned grants, cooperative agreements and contracts to help ensure that all internal and donor agency, reporting requirements and standards are met, including close liaison with AKF USA’s Finance Department. This could include supporting on development of new grant agreements and modifications, tracking and ensuring complete filing of key project documentation, coordinating with field offices around reporting deadlines, reviewing narrative and financial reporting submissions, and other tasks as assigned;
- Ensure that the relevant Program Officers are kept informed and consulted about any key issues that may arise that would put program deliverables or the reputation of the Foundation at risk;
- Guided by the Associate Director for Partnerships, assist with researching and tracking funding opportunities; communicating with field offices regarding these opportunities; and support in the development of concepts, proposals and opportunities;
- Support Program Officers and members of the communications team as relevant in the planning and logistics for select meetings, presentations and events as well as production of program-related communications pieces;
- Participate actively as a member of AKF USA Programs Team to contribute towards meeting organization’s short- and long-term objectives, in particular assisting the team to track internal process improvement plans;
- Prepare analysis and reports on the programs portfolio for the Director of Programs and other AKF USA senior management as requested;
- Draft meeting notes, correspondence, recommendations, and reports;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in international development, nonprofit management or a relevant field; plus at least one year of administrative or project support experience, preferably with an international development organization or one managing significant US government funding. Other important skill sets are: excellent written and oral communications skills; relationship management experience and ability to work under short-term deadlines; attention to detail; the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines; the ability to operate effectively in a complex organizational environment; and a high level of self-motivation and ability to work independently. Excel skills and experience living or working across cultures are highly desirable. The individual will be willing and able to travel to AKF’s geographies if required.
Send resume, cover letter, three professional references and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 26.
Minimum Education Required