Bargaining Unit: UUHS
Level: Level 1
Reports to: Director of Applications, Outreach & Training
Assist users to acquire the skills to use UNITE HERE’s strategic resources - the applications, tools, and technology provided by UNITE HERE to promote the adoption of the applications, tools, and technology to further the mission of UNITE HERE. The role may require the development of knowledge and ability in a specialized area of user support, such as a particular application or particular user roles.
Job Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Learn how to use UNITE HERE’s applications, tools, and technology on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate, analyze, interpret and track requests from users at local unions, and users in UNITE HERE IU Departments for support learning and adopting the strategic resources UNITE HERE provides.
- Provide ongoing support to the assigned users in the daily use of the applications, tools, and technology.
- Liaison with users to adopt technologies and applications and to use effectively.
- Perform remote troubleshooting / discuss support requests through diagnostic techniques, as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between users and technical resources in IT or AOT, if unable to resolve work requests. Updates appropriate database used to track work request calls and dispositions.
- Ability to generate reports using a wide variety of applications.
- Assists in the implementation and deployment of new applications, tools, and technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand the users’ requirements, clarify requests, and transcribe them into writing.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new technology, programs, and procedures.
- Experience in resolving issues impeding the adoption of technology.
- Ability to create a manual or quick guide is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal & written).
- Ability to work occasional long or irregular hours during times of critical campaign need.
- Frequent travel over weekends and overnight stays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- iMis or any global membership software/database experience is a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Willingness to engage in the activities of and enthusiastic about being part of an organization that improves the lives and well-being of more than 270,000 hardworking individuals.
- Dedication to social and economic justice and to building a strong labor movement.