192 West Demarest Avenue
Manage all Center for Food Action (CFA) special events and projects designed to raise funds, food and awareness of CFA’s mission and needs, coordinating and collaborating with Agency staff, community groups and others. Secure sponsorships, ads, corporate support, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Expand and diversify Agency’s funding base by creating and coordinating projects to support CFA’s major programs with a focus on involving community groups, youth and corporations.
- Manage multiple projects from Executive Director, Event Chairs, key staff and volunteers and serve as the liaison with site personnel.
- Develop new events to raise funds and awareness of Agency’s mission.
- Maintain an annual calendar of planned events with timelines for each major event. Coordinate all event details including budget, schedules, logistics and administrative tasks.
- Secure sponsorships for events in the form of ads, corporate support, etc. and garner prizes and vendors, as needed, including restaurants and promotional items for events.
- Oversee preparation of all event materials within the established budget, supervise mailing of invitations and related materials, manage RSVP list, track and acknowledge donations.
- Initiate post event debriefings, summarizing successes and opportunities to improve.
- Supervise the volunteer coordinator.
- Must have a minimum of three years of related experience, preferably in a not for profit setting.
- Must have excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, proofreading) and strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work in a collaborative way with other staff members, board members, community and corporate volunteers. Strong organizational skills are essential.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, as well as part of the specific team for each event comprised of staff, volunteers and corporate partners and as part of the Agency team. Must work well under pressure and be available to work evenings and weekends as needed for presence at key events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred. Proficient with MS word, excel, PowerPoint, Constant Contact, various social media streams required. Experience with database management, particularly a CRM, is highly desirable.
Minimum Education Required