1801 F Street NW
District of Columbia
Who we are
DACOR is an association of foreign affairs professionals that fosters service, learning, engagement and community among those who have dedicated their lifework to the foreign affairs of the U.S. through the Foreign Service and other international engagement. Our philanthropic arm, the DACOR Bacon House Foundation preserves the historic DACOR Bacon House, which is a living testament to America’s diplomatic heritage, a center for educational and cultural activities, and a support to future generations of foreign affairs professionals through scholarships.
(find us at http://dacorbacon.org)
Staff Accountant responsibilities are Account Receivables, assisting in Accounts Payable and Payroll and supporting the Accounting Department with other tasks.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Director of Finance.
Staff Account is responsible for:
• Invoicing and processing payments for Membership Dues, Contributions and Sales.
• Working with members and customers on open-invoices and issuing statements.
• Monthly sales reconciliation.
• Posting purchases paid through DACOR credit cards and ACH.
• Managing staff Timesheets.
The Staff Account is expected also to help with other accounting/administrative tasks.
• Experience in bookkeeping/accounting.
• Familiarity with an accounting software is required; familiarity with QuickBooks is a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Customer service skills and professional demeanor.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus.
Health Insurance, Pension Plan, Commuter Benefit
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should e-mail a cover letter, resume, and the name and contact information of two references to:
Director of Finance, Kastriot Kallushi, at email@example.com