Reviews and processes for payment purchase contracts, invoices, expense reports and other check requests, Supervises the Accounts Payable Associate.
- Responsible for the accounts payable cycle. Receives and reviews check requests, invoice packages and other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Codes, verifies, enters, and maintains accounts payable data into ledgers to make sure information is always accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for the check writing cycle including printing, mailing, and filing to ensure the timely payment and handling of the Organization’s obligations.
- Follows up on account statements and any discrepancies regarding payment of accounts, and serves as liaison between customer, vendor, and other third-party relations in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Supervises the work of the AP Associate.
- Processes and reviews staff travel expense reports for compliance with federal regulations and NACHC policies.
- Records and monitors the Corporate American Express credit card transactions including notifying employees of outstanding receipts and reconciling account to the general ledger.
- Train staff on Corporate American Express and expense report policies and procedures and respond to any questions or inquiries regarding such.
- Maintains the fixed asset database to ensure that items are appropriately capitalized based upon NACHC’s policy and reconciles the database to the general ledger on an ongoing basis.
- Makes recommendations for improvement or enhancement to the cash disbursement and procurement processes.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties including but not limited to preparing 1099’s, sending out W-9’s as needed and reconciling certain balance sheet accounts at month end.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics SL (or similar accounting software) required.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles. standard accounts payable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to understand and interpret vendor invoices, statements, and other requests for payment.
- Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
- Ability to work as a team with strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to supervise others and delegate at an appropriate level.
- Basic data entry and/or word processing skills.