3 Internation Drive
The Director, Stewardship is responsible for the design, implementation, quality, and results of the national stewardship program for outright giving, including newly launched national giving societies. The Director is the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on stewardship best practices, including segmentation strategies, acknowledgement processes, recognition vehicles, and creative engagement opportunities for top donors. The Director partners closely with members of the Donor Development Strategy & Operations, Major Gifts, and Principal Gifts teams to identify the stewardship needs of ~4,000 major and principal gifts donors and prospects, as well as the 56 LLS Chapters nationwide that work with them. The Director develops and implements the national plan to meet those needs, through a combination of nationally and locally delivered touchpoints.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in a major gifts fundraising environment.
- Experience in major donor stewardship, cultivation, and recognition; experience personally soliciting and stewarding $10,000+ gifts preferred.
- Experience managing complex projects, involving multiple business partners, to successful completion.
- Experience working in a staff capacity for volunteers and executives.
- Capacity to acquire an understanding of leukemia, lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma, as well as issues of concern to blood cancer patients and their families.
- Experience working in a matrix environment preferred.
- In depth understanding of the “donor experience” and role of an organization in enhancing it.
- Creative, motivated self-starter.
- Ability to maximize impact of all LLS assets – local and national – to achieve objectives.
- Highly organized, with strong project management skills and ability to balance multiple priorities effectively.
- Collegial, collaborative style and ability to influence people at all levels of the organization to drive to results.
- Advanced expertise in list management (via MS Excel and prospect databases).
- Superior writing and design skills to contribute to correspondence and stewardship pieces, as needed.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving acumen.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, regardless of the task at hand.
- Professional demeanor and commitment to highest customer service standards.
- Advanced fluency in MS Office Suite and InDesign preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly through our website at: https://careers-lls.icims.com/jobs/3305/director%2c-stewardship-and-donor-engagement/job
We look forward to hearing from you!