1217 Good Hope Road, SE
The Case Manager is a member of the clinical staff team with responsibility for offering case management services and personal support to women living in Calvary’s transitional housing programs. The clinical staff team works from a strengths-based model, offering resources to support women in achieving their goals for health, financial stability and independent living. The Case Manager works primarily on-site at the housing programs, but also attends off-site meetings and appointments with residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mange a caseload of up to 15 residents
- Work with residents to develop and reach the goals outlined in a personalized case plan
- Assist clients in effectively utilizing on-site services
- Provide referrals for community-based services
- Complete intake process for new residents
- Maintain current and accurate case files
- Serve as the lead Case Manager on services related to substance abuse and addiction recovery services
- Build and maintain relations with other service providers in the are of substance abuse and addiction recovery services
- Work one evening shift each week
- Availability to work emergency coverage during monthly on-call shift
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work as a team member
- Proficiency in the use of data collection tools to track client progress
- Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with data management responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Be available to work emergency coverage during monthly on-call shifts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field and a minimum of three (3) years of case management experience.
- Experience working with women and the issues of substance abuse, mental health, and homelessness
- Familiarity with transitional housing, permanent supportive housing model or other residential or shelter facilities
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Professional office environment. Regular use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Climbing: Ascending or descending multiple flights of stairs, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period
ABOUT CALVARY WOMEN'S SERVICES
Calvary Women’s Services offers housing, health, education, and employment programs that empower homeless women in Washington, DC, to transform their lives.
Calvary is committed to providing these services in Anacostia, a neighborhood with the highest poverty rate in the District. Our programs are designed for women who are survivors of violence and trauma, are living with mental illness, or are in recovery from substance abuse. Through personalized services and with peer support, each woman identifies and builds on her own strengths in order to meet her goals for safe housing, good health, and financial independence. With more than thirty years’ experience, we know our model works: every five days, a woman moves from Calvary into her own home with the skills and confidence she needs to succeed.
Calvary is currently engaged in program and organizational growth, focused on achieving our vision of ending homelessness for women in our community by moving aggressively in three strategic directions:
- Housing: Increasing the affordable housing available to women
- Livelihood: Expanding opportunities for women to secure sustainable income
- Leadership: Becoming a leader in advocating with and for women in our community
Calvary Women’s Services recognizes that success comes from the commitment and hard work of its employees. Our generous benefits reflect our commitment to success and appreciation of our valued employees. Benefits include:
- Medical plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield; Calvary covers 100% of the cost of eligible employee’s health insurance premium; optional dental and/or vision plans are available at a generous rate.
- Life and disability insurance; Calvary pays 100% of the monthly premium for eligible employees.
- Additional voluntary benefit include: 403(b) retirement plan funded by employee on a pre-tax basis; additional portable life insurance; flexible spending accounts for health care expenses, dependent care and/or transportation on a pre-tax basis; and AFLAC supplemental policies for accident, hospitalization and/or illness
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave and holidays: 15 days of paid vacation in first year of employment (20 days after the first year) for eligible employees, 8 days of sick leave and 11 paid holidays
- Professional development: Calvary offers on-sire training and development activities. Funds are also available for off-site training and education.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position in the subject line. Applications should include a cover letter and resume