11390 W. Olympic Blvd.
Summary: Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses throughout LA County. One of 62 national chapters, Make-A-Wish Greater LA has reached nearly 10,000 children throughout the city of angels since its inception 35 years ago. For more information, visit www.la.wish.org or see us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
This position is responsible for assisting in the coordination and administration of wish assists for Make-A-Wish Greater Los Angeles. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks in addition to those specifically presented in this description.
This is an in-office (no remote), full-time/non-exempt position.
Reports to: Director, Community Engagement
· Manage intake of new wish assists in Salesforce
· Create wish children records in the Raiser’s Edge
· Create hard copy files for each child
· Coordinate aspects of each wish assist (i.e. may include hotel reservations, limo reservations, Universal Studios requests, studio requests, celebrity hosts, etc.)
· Update Raiser’s Edge throughout wish process (i.e. link assigned celebrity host volunteers and complete close-out tasks)
· Research specific one-off requests for unique wishes
· Retrieve hotel folios and other invoices in a timely manner
· Maintain an accounting of expenditures, in-kind donations, and reimbursements
· Create itineraries
· Collaborate with the Finance Director to prepare invoices and in-kind reports for all wish assists
· May participate in wish granter training program
· Fulfill celebrity host opportunities in absence of a celebrity host wish-granting volunteer, when necessary
· Take after hours phone calls from the “on-call” cell phone when assigned
· BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
· Excellent written, verbal, communication and customer service skills and organizational skills
· Detailed and well organized
· Able to successfully work in a collaborative, team-oriented organization.
· Committed to and passionate for the work of Make-A-Wish
· Computer proficiency
The ideal candidate possesses a passionate commitment to our mission and would have:
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
· Proficiency in effectively managing and producing multiple tasks.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Interest in learning new skills and stretching outside the box.
· Creativity and imagination.
· Ability to work successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented organization.
Competitive compensation and benefits include: health, vision, dental, short and long-term disability insurance; paid time off, and paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required