Five Points Center for the Visual Arts (FPCVA), a non-profit visual arts organization, located in Torrington, Connecticut seeks an experienced Development Director passionate about arts and culture and the vital role of artists in the economic and social vitality of our region and State.
In just seven years, FPCVA’s educational programs, curatorial excellence and creative initiatives have significantly contributed to the economic development of Torrington and an understanding of the arts as relevant to everyday life.
In addition to its downtown facilities, which include Five Points Gallery, Five Points Hartford Art School - University of Hartford Launchpad Program and Five Points Annex, a non-juried community pop-up space, FPCVA is currently in the process of acquiring the former University of Connecticut Torrington Regional Campus on University Drive in Torrington. The property, which includes a 30,000 sq ft turnkey building and 90 bucolic acres, will be repurposed as a sustainable multi-level visual arts education facility where artists learn from one another and engage the community through inclusive creative discovery, exploration and understanding.
The Director of Development will work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to implement a comprehensive progressive funding strategy that meets or exceeds the operating and sustainability goals as approved by the FPCVA Board of Directors.
• Identify potential funding sources among individual and institutional donors, focusing primarily on donations of $10,000 and above
• Prepare proposals and supporting materials for presentation to potential funders, tailoring each to the particular interests and objectives of the potential donor
• Shepherd proposals through the application process
• Follow through on all proposals including ongoing stewardship of donors
• Work with Executive Director and Board to involve all appropriate people in cultivation and stewardship processes
• Work with Executive Directive to develop a plan for a major gift development program
• Work with Executive Directive on the development of creative fundraising undertakings
• Enthusiasm for and commitment to the Five Points’ mission
• Proven experience in fundraising for major gifts, especially from individual donors
• Experience in fundraising for arts organizations, with an emphasis on the visual arts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Sense of urgency and an ability to set and meet deadlines
• Experience in working in partnership with board members
• At least a bachelor’s degree, with post graduate experience a plus
• Competence in the use of philanthropy focused data bases
• Proven success in fundraising for major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations
• Ability to work simultaneously on short, medium and long-term objectives and
• Participate, as a senior staff member, in planning and implementation of the strategic growth of the Five Points Campus Arts Center
Five Points Center for the Visual Arts (FPCVA), a non-profit visual arts organization, located in Torrington, Connecticut seeks an experienced Development Director passionate about arts and culture and the vital role of artists in the…